LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's NEW IDT/Sigmatel Modded Driver

Michael Marley

doesn't work on my alienware m17x. after installation and restart i get no sound and a "driver not working" error

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_1028043A&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_1028043A

I just added support for your Alienware and (I believe) all other Dell-made Alienwares. It should work now :)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• erp-ster7n

• samozen

• coolguy16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last night when I was working on some new features I found a mistake that I made in the INI. It is fixed now. Can you try again with the latest package?

I'm still getting "This device cannot start" (Code 10) but I might be doing something wrong. Are you saying the new INI has been incorporated back into the main download or do I need to download the new separate INI? The filesize is the same so I'm not sure. Thank you.

I'm still getting "This device cannot start" (Code 10) but I might be doing something wrong. Are you saying the new INI has been incorporated back into the main download or do I need to download the new separate INI? The filesize is the same so I'm not sure. Thank you.

The new INI is included in the main download again. I updated it pretty recently though.

Guest Frustration

Hi Michael, thx for trying this!

Unfortunately I'm also getting the same old Code 10 (drivers install though but device doesn't start)on my DELL XPS M1730.

The drivers and method from the link below were the last ones I got working on my M1730 :-(

Here my IDs:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7&REV_1004

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7

Greetings

Hi Michael, thx for trying this!

Unfortunately I'm also getting the same old Code 10 (drivers install though but device doesn't start)on my DELL XPS M1730.

The drivers and method from the link below were the last ones I got working on my M1730 :-(

http://forums.laptop...k-like-a-charm/

Here my IDs:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7&REV_1004

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7

Greetings

Can you give this INI a shot? Just remove the .txt extension, move it into the driver folder, and install again. (Don't forget to uninstall first)

Guest Frustration

Darnit!

Nope, no worky. Error while installing (code 10). I did uninstall the previous one with "remove software " option and went back to MS std HD Audio driver before installing with new INI but didn't work :-(

Ty again for your efforts!

Nope, no worky. Error while installing (code 10). I did uninstall the previous one with "remove software " option and went back to MS std HD Audio driver before installing with new INI but didn't work :-(

Ty again for your efforts!

How about this one? It is very similar to the wrt.ini from the thread you linked to, it just has the APO stuff removed.

dell_WRT_M8-6.INI.txt

Hi Michael Marley

did you resolve the BS for HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7664&SUBSYS_104D2200 ???

Hi Michael Marley

did you resolve the BS for HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7664&SUBSYS_104D2200 ???

Not yet :)

Guest Frustration

How about this one? It is very similar to the wrt.ini from the thread you linked to, it just has the APO stuff removed.

Hi Michael,

Great news!

With the last INI I could install the drivers but no sound coming out via speakers (only if I plug-in earphones) and there is no IDT control panel (is this also normal)?

BUT the drivers could be installed and the device started so I think you are on the right way :) :)

TYVM

Hi Michael,

Great news!

With the last INI I could install the drivers but no sound coming out via speakers (only if I plug-in earphones) and there is no IDT control panel (is this also normal)?

BUT the drivers could be installed and the device started so I think you are on the right way :) :)

TYVM

Great! Try this one, it should fix the no-speakers problem.

The lack of control panel is intended; I removed it to save space and because it doesn't do much good if you have APOs disabled (like I do.) If you need to use the control panel though, you can. I recommend downloading this Intel driver and using the control panel from it. Later versions do not properly display the jacks.

dell_WRT_M8-6.INI.txt

Guest Frustration

Great! Try this one, it should fix the no-speakers problem.

That did the job, TYVM!

I'll try SPDIF later with my HiFi System but all looks good, only there is no IDT Control Panel like with the old IDT drivers from

Is that normal (sorry if this is a stupid question)?

TYVM Michael :)

That did the job, TYVM!

I'll try SPDIF later with my HiFi System but all looks good, only there is no IDT Control Panel like with the old IDT drivers from http://forums.laptop...k-like-a-charm/

Is that normal (sorry if this is a stupid question)?

TYVM Michael :)

Sorry, we crossposted. I just added something about the CP to my previous post.

I just uploaded a new package with the fix for the XPS M1730.

Michael could you please check and reupload the new .exe file again, it is broken. Thank you

Done, even though the file appears to be good.

Guest Frustation

Done, even though the file appears to be good.

Nope, still corrupt. The one you had before adding the dell fixed INI was ok :-(

I tried with winrar, 7z, etc.

----

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stwrt.cat. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stwrt64.cat. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\STWRT.INF. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\STWRT64.INF. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stacsv.exe. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stacsv64.exe. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\st326315.dll. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\st646315.dll. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stapi32.dll. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stapi64.dll. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stcplx.dll. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stcplx64.dll. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stlang.dll. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stlang64.dll. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stwrt.sys. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: CRC failed in st-idt-6315.0\stwrt64.sys. The file is corrupt

! M:\st-idt-6315.0.exe: Error - operation failed

-----

Guest Frustration

Hmm... sorry, never mind.

I just downloaded the file to my server and from there to my PC via FTP and it is ok now, but when I download it directly from your link to my PC I'm getting corrupt ...strange :)

Thank you

Hmm... sorry, never mind.

I just downloaded the file to my server and from there to my PC via FTP and it is ok now, but when I download it directly from your link to my PC I'm getting corrupt ...strange :)

Thank you

What are you using to download it? Other people have had problems as well, and it might be related to the browser.

Guest Frustration

What are you using to download it? Other people have had problems as well, and it might be related to the browser.

I tried with FF and with IE. Same results (several tries). But on the server I also used FF and it worked :-)

I'm not sure what is causing your problem. Someone else has the exact same laptop as you and it works. Are you running 32- or 64-bit?

vista 32, maybe need to reinstall widnows cos cant get the official dell package to install it says driver not compatible with hardware, but i get to to work driver "IDT / Sigmatel Modded Driver [fis6h Modified Version]" so maybe ill reinstall sometime in future

Guest Frustration

vista 32, maybe need to reinstall widnows cos cant get the official dell package to install it says driver not compatible with hardware, but i get to to work driver "IDT / Sigmatel Modded Driver [fis6h Modified Version]" so maybe ill reinstall sometime in future

I'm running r2 x64 but the funny think is that I didn't have problems extracting the previous .exe (before you repacked it with the fixed INI for M1730). I cannot explain it either, but as I said, I downloaded to my other server and downloaded from there to my PC via FTP and I didn't get corruption. :)

Btw, the drivers work fine on x64. Thank you again for your effort and work Michael.