LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's NEW IDT/Sigmatel Modded Driver

Michael Marley

Your driver doesn't seem to work correctly with my HP Envy 13.

It installs Ok but then Playback Devices states the speakers are not connected.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• erp-ster7n

• samozen

• coolguy16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your driver doesn't seem to work correctly with my HP Envy 13.

It installs Ok but then Playback Devices states the speakers are not connected.

I noticed that same regression on my brother's laptop. I guess there must be a bug in the driver. There isn't anything I can do about it, though. I only work with the INF and INIs.

I noticed that same regression on my brother's laptop. I guess there must be a bug in the driver. There isn't anything I can do about it, though. I only work with the INF and INIs.

Thought so... would you mind making previous version (6336) available for download?

I have tried all the versions since 6324 and none of them work. The error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" is in my Device Manager. Listed below is my Hardware ID.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7618&SUBSYS_10280215&REV_1002

Thanks for your help,

Bob

Guest Anonimus

Last night when I was working on some new features I found a mistake that I made in the INI. It is fixed now. Can you try again with the latest package?

Sorry for my English. Thanx for work, but today I download latest package and driver not wotk. Code 10. Precision M90.

• 2 weeks later...

Another IDT Audio driver 6.10.6346.0 - MS Update catalog (OEM - HP)

Win7/ Vista 32/64-bit

(64-bit driver files in X64 folder)

All of the M$ Update drivers fail to install with the Code 56 error.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kashelz

Hi,

got problem. 6346 drivers with error code 10, cannot start. Uninstalled previous, then scanned for new hardware, after all updated driver with have disk, it asked to reboot, after reboot error code 10.

I have Dell D630 laptop, running Windows 7 64bit SP1, here is the hardware ids:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F9&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F9

Any help? Thanks.

Hi,

got problem. 6346 drivers with error code 10, cannot start. Uninstalled previous, then scanned for new hardware, after all updated driver with have disk, it asked to reboot, after reboot error code 10.

I have Dell D630 laptop, running Windows 7 64bit SP1, here is the hardware ids:

Any help? Thanks.

So did you have version 6336 or 6341 of my drivers already working, or is this the first time you have tried?

michael.. newbie here! got any latest version driver or modded for dell inspiron 15R N5010?? thanks bro!!

I don't have a list of supported models. When I built the drivers, I added in as many INIs from as many sources as I could find. Chances are, your model is already supported. Have you tried installing? If it doesn't work, you will need to post the vendor, device, and subsys IDs from the device manager. Otherwise, I have no way of telling which INI your PC is using.

Guest Kashelz

Hi Michael, I have tested only st-idt-6341.0 from older ones, they did the same, intalled, asked for reboot and after it error code 10. Is there any download link of the 6336? I can test them and write back.

Thanks for great work.

Guest Kashelz

I tried 6336.0 too, but it did not install at all, I added hardware ids HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F9 to the inf file and ini file also, but it didnt help.

Can you Michael please look what is wrong with these drivers and Sigmatel 9205 audio chip? Thanks.

Guest ngkhanmein

michael i installed http://forums.laptop...dified-version/

working fine & i felt the sound r more stable than previous official driver! b4 i applied new driver, my speaker got this issue that left speaker r louder than right 1 & it happened during the tested but when i play movie or game or music can't notice at all.. i might tested more deep later on.. i hope u can explain it. gracias amigo!

thanks for the replied michael.. bro i wanna ask u something, regarding the lappy speaker!

y left speaker r slightly louder than right speaker?? it is normal?

I have never noticed this, but you can use the balance control to put that back in line.

adam777 did u tried 6350???

6350? Where at? I can mod it.

I tried 6336.0 too, but it did not install at all, I added hardware ids HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F9 to the inf file and ini file also, but it didnt help.

Can you Michael please look what is wrong with these drivers and Sigmatel 9205 audio chip? Thanks.

It is more in-depth than that. If you tell me what model of computer you have, I can add it.

Guest Kashelz

Thanks.

This is laptop from Dell, Dell Latitude D630, it comes with Sigmatel 9205 audio chip, the last driver that Dell made for Vista is here: http://support.dell....1&fileid=235764 they are very old and looks like have problems on Windows 7 with flash player + youtube. Keeps crashing all the time. Runing Windows 7 SP1 X64.

Here is hardware ids:

What else You may need to know? All information is in WRT_M4-3.ini for this model.

Guest ngkhanmein

michael.. can u teach me how to install the 6349? i extract it out & i open the x64 & which driver should i click? thanks!

6349 is for HP lappy is it?? cos my lappy dun have beats!

Thanks.

This is laptop from Dell, Dell Latitude D630, it comes with Sigmatel 9205 audio chip, the last driver that Dell made for Vista is here: http://support.dell....1&fileid=235764 they are very old and looks like have problems on Windows 7 with flash player + youtube. Keeps crashing all the time. Runing Windows 7 SP1 X64.

Here is hardware ids:

What else You may need to know? All information is in WRT_M4-3.ini for this model.

Hmm. I thought that model was already supported... I will have another look.

michael.. can u teach me how to install the 6349? i extract it out & i open the x64 & which driver should i click? thanks!

6349 is for HP lappy is it?? cos my lappy dun have beats!

6349 is, as far as I know, only released through Windows Update. For reasons beyond my knowledge, all drivers from Windows Update fail to work when modded, producing a Code 56 error. For that reason, I have never publicly released a modded version of 6349. Additionally, my modded drivers do not contain anything that is nonessential to making your hardware operate. I'm not sure what "beats" is, but I do know that my driver doesn't and won't ever have it.