LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's NEW IDT/Sigmatel Modded Driver

Michael Marley

Hi Michael, cheers for updating to the latest driver. I've just installed your latest version, and seems to be working fine on my Dell M1530. Got a question though. I checked the device manager to see a list of files associated with the driver installation. I noticed that it contains some signed drivers too, so thought it might be the leftovers of the previous driver. Please see the attached file for a pic showing a list of the files. Does it look like the driver has installed properly, or do you reckon they're leftovers of the previous driver?

Thanks,

Rob

post-44432-0-02253100-1325931758_thumb.j

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• erp-ster7n

• samozen

• coolguy16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still no hope with Dell Studio XPS 1640

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium SP1 English,

Trying to install over the stock audio driver, no previous IDT driver installations, still no luck...

Device info of the XPS 1640

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_10280272&REV_1001

OK finally I maanged to get the driver work.

Firstly, I thought the driver should install by simply choosing to "update driver" and locate the driver folder. This method does NOT work.

However, choosing the "Let me pick from a list of..." option, THEN locating the driver files WORKS!

This little detail is not explained anywhere on this forum, or I didn't notice, but this info should be emphasized, as the usual installation method doesn't work for this driver.

BTW,

There are some little typos on your STWRT.INF and STWRT64.INF files, which causes windows to show device names like "IndependentÂHeadphones" and adding strange characters at the end of their names.

I've found 4 of them on lines 2112 and 2113 (the same lines in both files).

Instead of blankspace character, the  letter stays there somehow. I fixed the files myself, reinstalled the driver and the issue solved ;)

Version 6367 is up. Have at it.

I think that you forgot about this newer driver 6370 that I had posted already http://forums.laptop...post__p__140908

Edited by coolguy16

Hi Michael, cheers for updating to the latest driver. I've just installed your latest version, and seems to be working fine on my Dell M1530. Got a question though. I checked the device manager to see a list of files associated with the driver installation. I noticed that it contains some signed drivers too, so thought it might be the leftovers of the previous driver. Please see the attached file for a pic showing a list of the files. Does it look like the driver has installed properly, or do you reckon they're leftovers of the previous driver?

Thanks,

Rob

Those are Microsoft drivers that I believe are installed for all sound devices. They have shown up on every other system on which I have installed my modded driver, so you should be fine.

OK finally I maanged to get the driver work.

Firstly, I thought the driver should install by simply choosing to "update driver" and locate the driver folder. This method does NOT work.

However, choosing the "Let me pick from a list of..." option, THEN locating the driver files WORKS!

This little detail is not explained anywhere on this forum, or I didn't notice, but this info should be emphasized, as the usual installation method doesn't work for this driver.

Sorry, I will clarify this in the OP and on my site.

BTW,

There are some little typos on your STWRT.INF and STWRT64.INF files, which causes windows to show device names like "IndependentÂHeadphones" and adding strange characters at the end of their names.

I've found 4 of them on lines 2112 and 2113 (the same lines in both files).

Instead of blankspace character, the  letter stays there somehow. I fixed the files myself, reinstalled the driver and the issue solved ;)

I will fix these in the next release (coming right up.)

Also keeping the inf files as ANSI instead of UTF-8 would be a good preventation to further bugs. As the entire driver looks likes ANSI

The INFs were originally in a Unicode format because they had (!megabytes worth of!) strings for foreign languages. I stripped out the extraneous strings to reduce file size, so I guess converting to ANSI would be fine now.

I think that you forgot about this newer driver 6370 that I had posted already http://forums.laptop...post__p__140908

Oops, sorry. Coming right up!

That's nice! :)

The previous driver had an issue that

after plugging a headphone to one of the outputs (mine got two), the sound routes to the headphones, but after unplugging, the audio doesn't route back to internal speakers. This problem does not exist in the stock driver.

Downloading the new release, hope it doesn't happen again..

That's nice! :)

The previous driver had an issue that

after plugging a headphone to one of the outputs (mine got two), the sound routes to the headphones, but after unplugging, the audio doesn't route back to internal speakers. This problem does not exist in the stock driver.

Downloading the new release, hope it doesn't happen again..

Only one of my usual test boxes (an Intel DP45SG motherboard) has automatic output redirection like that, but it seems to be working fine.

I am not sure exactly how the redirection is done, but I have noticed that sometimes the audio service "stacsv(64).exe" doesn't start when installing the driver, causing various output redirection problems. You might want to check if this service is running and reinstall the driver if it isn't. In my experience, all IDT drivers have this problem. I am not sure what causes it or how to fix it. Window$ is just too complicated...

Hmm it's not a routing issue I guess, after installing the driver, an option l,ke "Mute PC Spk" appeared, and I checked it as it was THE "PC Speaker" on old systems, known as "beeper, buzzer, etc", now I noticeed, it mutes the internal speakers :)

When I checked this option, my headphones were plugged, so I couldn't notice the effect.

So it is not a routing problem. False alarm. :)

Guest farsang

Thanks for these drivers.Just a little problem that my hp dv5 the touch sensitive speaker button permanently has turned its color to red i.e mute mode,although it works fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michael:

Just following up from my original post on your site. I notice you released a few new driver packages recently. Did you happen to implement support for the Latitude E6420 in these? I am eager to give it a try and see if it resolves my sound issue. Thanks again!

-Rob

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit and decided to try your drivers again. They were working before because I got a Code 10 error. Well, I tried the drivers and I am still receving the Code 10 error. There was a typo on line 98 of the dell_WRT_D8-6.ini that I use. The line is a comment and uses a : instead of ;, however, changing it does nothing. Any help or ideas?

Bob

Guest Kashelz

Hi, still no luck to get these moded drivers to work on Dell D630. What I must remove from ini to get it working? Tryed latest 6370 drivers, no luck with older ones either.

Device ID:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F9&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F9

INI file: dell_WRT_M4-3.INI

Removed all filtr settings, but no luck, anyone can help?

Error: This device cannot start. (Code 10).

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to give a big shout-out to Michael Marley for these excellent drivers. I did notice that Windows 8 requires some sort of "driver hash" to install the drivers. Strange...might be a new feature or just a stricter security policy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I just stumbled upon this forum which got me excited to finally have record out/what u hear/hardware mixer enabled. However, while the driver seems to work in a basic sence, and the icon for mic in/line in appears, it's not working :( The ordinary mic in is working, but when I switch to the other one, there is no input signal (the vertical bar isn't showing any level). My laptop is a Dell Inspiron n5110, and hardware id is:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76D1&SUBSYS_102804B0&REV_1002

I've even tried tweaking the ini file, but I don't seem to know what I'm doing. However, nothing changed.

Michael Marley, could you help me out to get it working, as I need this option very much. I'm prepared to do all it takes to get it working, if there is such a possibility.

Thanks in advance!

Edit:

I can see that I can record what I hear, however, I cannot make the mic to be heard on the output directly. In other words, I would like to have a hardware mixer option or a microphone monitor (without latency). Is such a thing even possible?

Edited by Luka Borkovic

I am having no dice with this driver for my M18x

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_1028048F&REV_1001

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7675&SUBSYS_1028048F

any help to get it up and running? I can force it to install, but says i do not have compatible hardware.

I just wanted to give a big shout-out to Michael Marley for these excellent drivers. I did notice that Windows 8 requires some sort of "driver hash" to install the drivers. Strange...might be a new feature or just a stricter security policy.

MS has gone all-in with driver signing enforcement in Win8 x64, so he'd have to go this route (see the link in Part 1), as was done for the Intel graphics driver.

http://www.eightforu....html#post30075

BTW, I just tried the latest version, but as reported last fall, I'm still without my external mic, even after following the procedure on the first page. I have the Vostro 1400:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_10280227&REV_1002

That corresponds to dell_WRT_M8-5.INI.

Update: I've attached Dell/Sigmatel's version of WRT_M8-5.INI. It has a lot of important-looking sections that yours doesn't, like all of the ones relating to jacks. Could that be the problem?

WRT_M8-5.zip

Edited by rseiler

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Michael,

Could you publish the new 6381 driver?

Thanks in advance.

eh forget the build 6381 driver, Charlie.

I found a newer one posted at Microsoft Update Catalog.

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - version 6.10.0.6388 dated February 13, 2012.

This one seem to be officially compatible with Windows 8 Consumer Preview (and with Windows 7, of course).

Hardware ID nos. supported by this new driver (as I peeked into their INF files):

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_10280564

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_10280565

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_1028057E

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_1028057F

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_10280566

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_10280578

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_10280567

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76E0&SUBSYS_10280568

this driver has version 6.10.6388.0 of the stwrt.sys & stwrt64.sys files.

Hi Michael,

Thanks in advance.

eh forget the build 6381 driver, Charlie.

I found a newer one posted at Microsoft Update Catalog.

IDT High Definition Audio CODEC - version 6.10.0.6388 dated February 13, 2012.

This one seem to be officially compatible with Windows 8 Consumer Preview (and with Windows 7, of course).

Hardware ID nos. supported by this new driver (as I peeked into their INF files):

this driver has version 6.10.6388.0 of the stwrt.sys & stwrt64.sys files.

The Microsoft Update drivers have a different/weird kind of driver signing that makes them incompatible with my mods. Attempts to mod them result in errors on driver loading. I can't remember the code number, but I could never find a way around it.

Hi Michael,

Thanks in advance.

Done. http://michaelmarley.com/node/52

Driver 6381 is up. You can get it here: http://michaelmarley.com/node/52.