LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's NEW IDT/Sigmatel Modded Driver

Michael Marley

The problems were caused by corruption during the file download. That was the reason I wanted people to check it with the MD5 sum. The FTP download seems to be working, though.

Yep, seems to be working.

Worked via http as well at some point(s) , so who knows? :)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• erp-ster7n

• samozen

• coolguy16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just uploaded a new archive with support for a few more Gateway models.

I'm unfortunately having issues with the FTP as well:

FTP index:

Index of ftp://ftp.michaelmarley.com/idtdriver/

Up to higher level directory
Name 	Size 	Last Modified
File:st-idt-6315.0.exe 	1662 KB 	2/8/2011 	7:00:00 PM
File:st-idt-6315.0.md5 	1 KB 	2/8/2011 	7:01:00 PM

MD5 on FTP:

# MD5 checksums generated by MD5summer (http://www.md5summer.org)
# Generated 2/8/2011 14:01:08

178060d8b6f550b09b1da5ad2acf9ff9 *st-idt-6315.0.exe

MD5 on downloaded copy:

# Generated 2/8/2011 6:04:01 PM

655a2538d5e3fb874b0321336dc989ce *st-idt-6315.0.exe

Size of downloaded copy: 1.62 MB (1,701,474 bytes)

Looks like I got 1623KB instead of 1662KB.

Update: That was with Firefox. Here is the result with IE, which also gives errors when I try to extract:

# Generated 2/8/2011 6:10:34 PM

bf6ed4294f787a1fe058a46010c2b46d *st-idt-6315.0.exe

File size: 1.62 MB (1,701,474 bytes)

So I got the same number of bytes both times, but the contents were different.

same thing with filezilla:

# Generated 2/8/2011 6:27:18 PM

089924eeeeb6b0835fc18a970a37e06f *st-idt-6315.0.exe

Edited by HunterZ0

Could you try again over FTP? I am really trying hard to fix this, but I can't tell where the corruption occurs.

No luck. Thanks for continuing to try.

I don't think my server is the problem anymore. I just created a test file with ~80MB of random data, md5summed it, and downloaded it 10 times across a local network to my laptop. The md5 sum matched every time. This makes me think it is an ISP problem. I will talk to the ISP about it as soon as I can.

I don't think my server is the problem anymore. I just created a test file with ~80MB of random data, md5summed it, and downloaded it 10 times across a local network to my laptop. The md5 sum matched every time. This makes me think it is an ISP problem. I will talk to the ISP about it as soon as I can.

The ftp link worked for me; so do the drivers. No problems so far. Nice work again.

Sometime I'll pm and ask you exactly what info I need to rip from the R171786.exe package, and attempt to paste into any further IDT releases, in order to attempt my own package in the event of you not being around.

Thanks a lot for continuing this.

Guest biggles2120

I'm still getting "This device cannot start" (Code 10) but I might be doing something wrong. Are you saying the new INI has been incorporated back into the main download or do I need to download the new separate INI? The filesize is the same so I'm not sure. Thank you.

Unfortunately this is still not working. I get device cannot start as before. I'm uninstalling the old driver, cleaning up files and registry, then installing new one. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

Sorry for the double post.

Unfortunately this is still not working. I get device cannot start as before. I'm uninstalling the old driver, cleaning up files and registry, then installing new one. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit.

Sorry for the double post.

I had included the previous fixes in the main package, but those must not have affected your problem. Give this INI a shot. Don't forget to remove the .txt from the filename.

dell_WRT_M2-3.INI.txt

Guest biggles2120

I had included the previous fixes in the main package, but those must not have affected your problem. Give this INI a shot. Don't forget to remove the .txt from the filename.

Getting closer. I can load the driver and it starts but SPDIF is missing from configuration. It's not there in disconnected or disabled either. Thanks for the help.

Getting closer. I can load the driver and it starts but SPDIF is missing from configuration. It's not there in disconnected or disabled either. Thanks for the help.

Does sound work through the analog output? Give this INI a try for the S/PDIF.

dell_WRT_M2-3.INI.txt

Guest biggles2120

Does sound work through the analog output? Give this INI a try for the S/PDIF.

Analog was working with the last version. This new INI doesn't has the cannot start issue.

Analog was working with the last version. This new INI doesn't has the cannot start issue.

So is S/PDIF displayed now?

Guest biggles2120

So is S/PDIF displayed now?

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last post. This new driver doesn't "start" so no SPDIF or analog. The driver previous actually started and the analog worked. This was a first out of all the revisions. Just no SPDIF.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in my last post. This new driver doesn't "start" so no SPDIF or analog. The driver previous actually started and the analog worked. This was a first out of all the revisions. Just no SPDIF.

OK, try this one. I am trying to narrow down which setting in the INI causes the problem. If everything works but the S/PDIF without any output configuration, then this file with only the S/PDIF settings should work for everything.

dell_WRT_M2-3.INI.txt

Guest biggles2120

OK, try this one. I am trying to narrow down which setting in the INI causes the problem. If everything works but the S/PDIF without any output configuration, then this file with only the S/PDIF settings should work for everything.

Cannot start again on this one.

Guest biggles2120

Try this one.

Still cannot start but please do not worry about it if you think it's going to be too much work. I can live with the one I have. Thanks for your efforts regardless.

Still cannot start but please do not worry about it if you think it's going to be too much work. I can live with the one I have. Thanks for your efforts regardless.

One more time. If this one won't work, then I don't think it will be possible to get S/PDIF output working with the modded driver on your laptop.

dell_WRT_M2-3.INI.txt

Guest biggles2120

One more time. If this one won't work, then I don't think it will be possible to get S/PDIF output working with the modded driver on your laptop.

No go on that one also. Analog works but SPDIF isn't there although there is a button for it that's grayed out.

I did notice something while going back to my old driver. My computer is a Dell Precision M90 but the actual driver I've been using that works is from a Dell XPS Notebook M1330. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks for trying. No need to respond to this post if you don't think the M1330 driver would make a difference.

No go on that one also. Analog works but SPDIF isn't there although there is a button for it that's grayed out.

I did notice something while going back to my old driver. My computer is a Dell Precision M90 but the actual driver I've been using that works is from a Dell XPS Notebook M1330. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks for trying. No need to respond to this post if you don't think the M1330 driver would make a difference.

Is the device disabled? What is the status (the last of the three lines on the menu option in Playback Devices)?

Hey Mike,

Just checking in... You're still at it? LOL...

Still at what?