• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• erp-ster7n

• samozen

• coolguy16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wanted to mention that I also tried using wget on my Linux box to download the file twice and generate the MD5 checksum and they came out different from each other and not matching the reference checksum.

Still at this driver thing... Trying to help everyone...

Yep :) Thanks!

Just wanted to mention that I also tried using wget on my Linux box to download the file twice and generate the MD5 checksum and they came out different from each other and not matching the reference checksum.

I'm going to talk to the ISP about data corruption issues as soon as I can.

Hi Michael

i have downloaded the last modifed sony_M_WRT2-7 and paste in the the driver and i successfully updated my driver audio

with no blue screen i think you did it,thanks ,some pictures

55376828671253606747.png

Hi Michael

i have downloaded the last modifed sony_M_WRT2-7 and paste in the the driver and i successfully updated my driver audio

with no blue screen i think you did it,thanks ,some pictures

I'm glad it works for you. I will update the main package sometime soon, but right now I am sick and I feel like sh*t, so I don't want to do much of anything :) .

ok i wish to you all the best and a lot of health.

ok i wish to you all the best and a lot of health.

Thanks!

I found a file hosting service that can pull a file from a URL. I did that and then downloaded from there and the file came out fine (MD5 sum matches and no 7-zip errors detected). I can post the link if Michael Marley doesn't mind.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Edit: Now that I got it to download, I'm trying to install on my M1730 running 32-bit Vista. Unfortunately I'm getting the following error: "A device attached to the system is not functioning." It seems to automatically revert the driver back to the Microsoft one.

Edited by HunterZ0

I found a file hosting service that can pull a file from a URL. I did that and then downloaded from there and the file came out fine (MD5 sum matches and no 7-zip errors detected). I can post the link if Michael Marley doesn't mind.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well.

Edit: Now that I got it to download, I'm trying to install on my M1730 running 32-bit Vista. Unfortunately I'm getting the following error: "A device attached to the system is not functioning." It seems to automatically revert the driver back to the Microsoft one.

Sure, you can post that URL, as long as it doesn't do any caching. I don't want extra mirrors, because the package changes quite often and I don't want multiple versions floating around.

The 32-bit version of the driver is untested (I don't have any 32-bit computers), and I think the error is probably somewhere in the INF. I will re-check it.

Just out of curiosity, why do you still run 32-bit?

I just posted a new archive that includes the fixed Sony 2-7 INI and a fix for the 32-bit "Device...Not Functioning" problem.

The 32-bit problem was caused by my forgetting to remove some registry directives relating to Effects from the INF.

Guest Frustration

Hi Michael again!

I'm also experiencing the issue with the device not working properly from time to time due to the "Effects" problem for M1730 x64.

This doesn't happen always, but it does happens.

The result is the windows error message (also asking if the effects should be disabled) and I stop getting sound. Maybe some apps try to enable Effects which is not working because you removed them from the INF?

p.s.: actually I'm not frustrated anymore as my nick says but I used it so you can address the issue with the person :-)

Regards

Hi Michael again!

I'm also experiencing the issue with the device not working properly from time to time due to the "Effects" problem for M1730 x64.

This doesn't happen always, but it does happens.

The result is the windows error message (also asking if the effects should be disabled) and I stop getting sound. Maybe some apps try to enable Effects which is not working because you removed them from the INF?

p.s.: actually I'm not frustrated anymore as my nick says but I used it so you can address the issue with the person :-)

Regards

Have you noticed this happening after you run any specific program? Did you uninstall old drivers completely before installing mine? The only reason you would be getting the "Driver Enhancements are Causing Problems" messages would be if effects are installed but not configured correctly, and my driver doesn't even install them.

The URL would be a static version of the file, so I won't post it. I wonder if the laptopvideo2go site folks would be willing to host it for you?

I'll try the new version when I get a chance.

I'm still running 32-bit because that's what Dell stupidly gave me with my Intel Core 2 Duo laptop; I was actually running 32-bit XP on it until I had to send it in for repairs last summer, at which point they wiped it and installed 32-bit Vista. My gaming desktop and HTPC both run Win 7 x64, and my old AMD Athlon 64 X2 desktop has been "upgraded" from XP to a headless Ubuntu x64 workstation.

I just uploaded a new archive with support for a few Apple models (Mac Minis, I believe).

Latest version now installs fine under 32-bit Vista on my M1730. Unfortunately I'm seeing two issues:

1. SPDIF output was selected by default.

2. I don't hear any sound out of the laptop's speakers with either of the outputs ("SPDIF-Out" or "Speakers") set to be the default device.

I tried the IDT control panel from the Intel drivers but it didn't help; it doesn't seem to have any functionality that isn't already provided by the Sound applet in Vista.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7&REV_1002

I just posted a new archive that includes the fixed Sony 2-7 INI and a fix for the 32-bit "Device...Not Functioning" problem.

The 32-bit problem was caused by my forgetting to remove some registry directives relating to Effects from the INF.

Hi

I have just found this thread while trying to find a working sound/audio driver for my Sony Vaio VGN FZ480E which I believe has a simga tel sound card/chip. I have recently updated to Windows 7 and the original sigma tel driver cannot output the audio to HDMI whereas the default Windows HD audio driver does but it does not work with the built-in mic. As you can probably tell I'm a bit of a noob regarding this stuff so any help you could give me would be much appreciated.

Latest version now installs fine under 32-bit Vista on my M1730. Unfortunately I'm seeing two issues:

1. SPDIF output was selected by default.

2. I don't hear any sound out of the laptop's speakers with either of the outputs ("SPDIF-Out" or "Speakers") set to be the default device.

I tried the IDT control panel from the Intel drivers but it didn't help; it doesn't seem to have any functionality that isn't already provided by the Sound applet in Vista.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7616&SUBSYS_102801F7&REV_1002

That's very weird. Another user has already reported that sound works fully on an m1730. Have you tried sound through the headphone jack? Is it possible that the "PC Spk Mute" option in the Options tab of the Speaker Properties window is selected?

Hi

I have just found this thread while trying to find a working sound/audio driver for my Sony Vaio VGN FZ480E which I believe has a simga tel sound card/chip. I have recently updated to Windows 7 and the original sigma tel driver cannot output the audio to HDMI whereas the default Windows HD audio driver does but it does not work with the built-in mic. As you can probably tell I'm a bit of a noob regarding this stuff so any help you could give me would be much appreciated.

Your model may already be supported. You can try the driver, and if it doesn't work, give me your PCI vendor, device, and subsys IDs. Without those, I cannot check to see if your system is supported.

That's very weird. Another user has already reported that sound works fully on an m1730. Have you tried sound through the headphone jack? Is it possible that the "PC Spk Mute" option in the Options tab of the Speaker Properties window is selected?

It occurred to me as well that it may be routing to the headphone jack, but I didn't have any handy to test with. I'll dig up a pair and try when I get a chance.

I'm pretty sure that PC Spk Mute was not selected, although I'll make sure to try toggling it on and back off just in case the GUI is not properly reflecting its state. I'll also try testing it in both the on and off states.

Hi

I had made a Vaio FZ modded inf for IDT audio driver(Intel desktop board) with HDMI support. You can get it here http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/429745-windows-7-clean-install-guide-vaio-fz.html

I had made a Vaio FZ modded inf for IDT audio driver(Intel desktop board) with HDMI support. You can get it here http://forum.notebookreview.com/sony/429745-windows-7-clean-install-guide-vaio-fz.html

The default windows audio dirver worked fine in my FZ. You ned to change the default mic in the recording devices for the internal mic to work.

Both of the devices supported by that driver (and about 15 more) are already supported in my driver.

I just uploaded a new archive that should support Rec. Playback on all first-generation (92xx) devices. See the original post for information about how to enable it.

M1730 on Vista32 update:

Reinstalled your latest driver and did some more testing. Made sure nothing was muted and also tried with PC Spk Mute both enabled and disabled to make sure nothing was stuck or backwards. No luck on getting the M1730's built-in speakers to work.

Tried plugging headphones into each of the 3 jacks and got sound from the two headphone jacks and none from the mic jack.

Interestingly, the Intel IDT control panel applet doesn't have a PC Spk Mute option anywhere, but Vista's default Sound applet does (under Sound->Playback->Speakers->Properties->Custom).

Thanks for the link...it worked perfectly. Funny thing is that I already been to that page to sort out the video driver a month or two back and forgot all about it :)

So thanks again for providing all the info/updates.

I just tried your driver and get 'This device cannot start. (code 10)'. Reverting back to 6.10.5927.2 [5/6/2008] driver works. Any ideas? This is on a Mac Mini.