LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Michael's NEW IDT/Sigmatel Modded Driver

Michael Marley

I just tried your driver and get 'This device cannot start. (code 10)'. Reverting back to 6.10.5927.2 [5/6/2008] driver works. Any ideas? This is on a Mac Mini.

I will need to know the Vendor, Device, and Subsys IDs from the Device Manager so that I can figure out which INI your card uses.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Michael Marley

• erp-ster7n

• samozen

• coolguy16

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will need to know the Vendor, Device, and Subsys IDs from the Device Manager so that I can figure out which INI your card uses.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_106B0800&REV_1036

Thank you for all the help!

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7680&SUBSYS_106B0800&REV_1036

Thank you for all the help!

Try this INI. Replace the original file in the driver package with it, and don't forget to remove the .txt.

apple_BOARD1.INI.txt

Try this INI. Replace the original file in the driver package with it, and don't forget to remove the .txt.

That works except no sound from SPDIF out. Headphone out is working though.

Still no SPDIF output.

Does the S/PDIF device appear in the device list but no output any sound, or does it not appear at all?

Does the S/PDIF device appear in the device list but no output any sound, or does it not appear at all?

It's in the list and even shows audio playing in the vertical level meter. The SPDIF port is off though and no light output with the fiber disconnected.

It's in the list and even shows audio playing in the vertical level meter. The SPDIF port is off though and no light output with the fiber disconnected.

Try this one.

apple_BOARD1.INI.txt

Ugg, still nothing. Think we're getting close though?

No, actually I am out of ideas right now. Sorry. I will let you know if I think of anything.

No, actually I am out of ideas right now. Sorry. I will let you know if I think of anything.

ok, thank you again for all the help! I'll let you know if I figure anything out and keep checking back here.

ok, thank you again for all the help! I'll let you know if I figure anything out and keep checking back here.

I think your problem is that the S/PDIF port on a Mac Mini can be configured as either in or out, and for some reason my driver is not properly configuring it as an output. Does the device list show an S/PDIF In device?

M1730 on Vista32 update:

Reinstalled your latest driver and did some more testing. Made sure nothing was muted and also tried with PC Spk Mute both enabled and disabled to make sure nothing was stuck or backwards. No luck on getting the M1730's built-in speakers to work.

Tried plugging headphones into each of the 3 jacks and got sound from the two headphone jacks and none from the mic jack.

Interestingly, the Intel IDT control panel applet doesn't have a PC Spk Mute option anywhere, but Vista's default Sound applet does (under Sound->Playback->Speakers->Properties->Custom).

Just wanted to make sure that this didn't get lost in the shuffle.

I think your problem is that the S/PDIF port on a Mac Mini can be configured as either in or out, and for some reason my driver is not properly configuring it as an output. Does the device list show an S/PDIF In device?

It shows an SPDIF device under playback and record devices. There are spereate combo (1/8" din/toslink) ports for input and output.

Try this INI.

That fixed it, thanks!

SPDIF is still the initial default device, but that's no big deal.

I am now presented with an interesting dilemma. The same configuration directive that made sound on your laptop (in 32-bit) work breaks sound on another laptop identical to yours (but 64-bit). What to do, what do do?

Couldn't you just make 2 ini files. One for just 32 bit while the other just for 64 bit. It may not be the best choice, but it would work for more people.

Edited by mrx

Couldn't you just make 2 ini files. One for just 32 bit while the other just for 64 bit. It may not be the best choice, but it would work for more people.

I could. Right now I am thinking about a customizable driver download generator that automatically packages the correct INI with the correct driver and then allows you to download it. Before I do anything I will see if it is just a bug that may be fixed in the next driver version.

I have a Dell M6300. The driver installs, but will not initialize, and always comes back as HD audio (using the default Microsoft driver) ... I am running Win7 x86 (32-bit)

Hardware ID's:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_1028021C&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_1028021C

Compatible ID's:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B&VEN_8384

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&VEN_8384

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086&CTLR_DEV_284B

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&CTLR_VEN_8086

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&GF&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_1028021C&REV_1002

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01

Edited by eviltone

When it won't initialize, do you get a code 10? I think uncommanded reversion to the Microsoft driver is a bug in Windows unrelated to the IDT driver.

When it won't initialize, do you get a code 10? I think uncommanded reversion to the Microsoft driver is a bug in Windows unrelated to the IDT driver.

ahh yes ... it auto-repaired itself last time, but yes --- This device cannot start. (Code 10)