LaptopVideo2Go Forums

32bits driver on a 64bits SO?

Drix

I have like an old laptop here. When I bought it, it came with Windows Vista Basic 32 bits. That's not good, since it comes it have 4gb RAM and the default SO with 32bits will only read 3gb Ram. Then I installed the Windows 7 Professinal 64 bits. But I'm having a problem, when I start using any applications, the screen start to do a kind of blink and show a message saying that my video card stop working, bla bla bla. I called the support and they said my mother board don`t suport the 64 bits SO version, causing incompatibility between the video card and the SO. Well, anyways, the computer works perfectly when the driver isn`t installed, I mean, I can`t use the video card applications with out the driver installed, but, I can use perfectly the Internet Broser, office, etc, with out any glitch. In the momment that I install the driver, it start glitching. I want to know if is there anyway, to install the 32 bits Nvidia driver on my 64bits Windows 7, it might work, I really need it to try. My video card is a Nvidia Geforce 9600M GS. Any oder sugestions I apreciate. :)

I have like an old laptop here. When I bought it, it came with Windows Vista Basic 32 bits. That's not good, since it comes it have 4gb RAM and the default SO with 32bits will only read 3gb Ram. Then I installed the Windows 7 Professinal 64 bits. But I'm having a problem, when I start using any applications, the screen start to do a kind of blink and show a message saying that my video card stop working, bla bla bla. I called the support and they said my mother board don`t suport the 64 bits SO version, causing incompatibility between the video card and the SO. Well, anyways, the computer works perfectly when the driver isn`t installed, I mean, I can`t use the video card applications with out the driver installed, but, I can use perfectly the Internet Broser, office, etc, with out any glitch. In the momment that I install the driver, it start glitching. I want to know if is there anyway, to install the 32 bits Nvidia driver on my 64bits Windows 7, it might work, I really need it to try. My video card is a Nvidia Geforce 9600M GS. Any oder sugestions I apreciate. :)

Which driver version are you trying?

Which driver version are you trying?

I already tryied the newest nvidia drivers from the offcial nvida websites, and some of the enhanced laptopvideo2go drivers. All of them for 64bits compatibility and keep giving me the same bug.

Is there anyway to install a 32bit nvidia driver on my 64 bits Windows 7?

Edited by Drix

I already tryied the newest nvidia drivers from the offcial nvida websites, and some of the enhanced laptopvideo2go drivers. All of them for 64bits compatibility and keep giving me the same bug.

Is there anyway to install a 32bit nvidia driver on my 64 bits Windows 7?

No, that isn't possible. I think what you are getting is TDRs, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

It's working now. After thousands of download attempts, I finally found a driver that works. I downloaded the Nvidia driver version 182.50 for Vista x64 from laptopvideo2go drivers page. I installed it on my Windows 7 x64 and it's working. At last, till now, it's working perfect. I hope it keep going like that.

Thanks anyways

Edited by Drix