LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Christchurch Earthquake

mobilenvidia

chch_10_pgb.jpg

This morning just before 12pm another big earthquake hit Christchurch city here in New Zealand.

This although smaller on the Richter scale, caused so much more damage and casualties this time as well.

I have family in the quake zone (that are shaken but fine) so this has really hit home for me.

I've felt the initial quake and 2 of the other 5+ aftershocks and I was 300km away.

My thoughts go out to anyone affected by this disaster what could well be New Zealand's worst.

For those that are into this sort of thing, here is a graphical timeline of all the quakes today (quite a few already)

It sounded like the damage and casualties were pretty bad, Pieter. I'm glad your family is okay.

Guest yalcin19

chch_10_pgb.jpg

This morning just before 12pm another big earthquake hit Christchurch city here in New Zealand.

This although smaller on the Richter scale, caused so much more damage and casualties this time as well.

I have family in the quake zone (that are shaken but fine) so this has really hit home for me.

I've felt the initial quake and 2 of the other 5+ aftershocks and I was 300km away.

My thoughts go out to anyone affected by this disaster what could well be New Zealand's worst.

For those that are into this sort of thing, here is a graphical timeline of all the quakes today (quite a few already)

I hope New Zealanders will recover quick

and I want to send my deep condolences to all.

Take care

Hi Pieter,

I was out of town and did not see this till today but I am glad both you and your family are doing well.

Both my wife's and my heart go out to all those who have sufferred any loss whatsoever.

Warm regards,

John