LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Win 7 32bit Latitude D620 D630 IDT Driver

Kyle M

After some pain and frustration, I successfully have the IDT driver and software/control panel working on both the Dell Latitude D620 and D630 laptops. Since the laptops use a different audio chip (9200 vs 9205) there are 2 different files to account for the pin differences.

NOTE: I got this to work best with modded IDT driver version 10.6162.3 in the IDT modded driver forum. Direct link to v10.6162.3 file. I got a few newer versions of the modded IDT driver to work, but not with full functionality. Version 10.6162.3 has proven to work the best.

I have successfully enabled the following features in my mod:

- SPDIF Out jack works when using the Dell docking station (tested with home stereo receiver)

- Dock headphone jack works

- Jack sensing & jack icons in IDT control panel

- Mic/line in jack works

- Spectrum analyzer

- Equalizer

- Stereo Mix (shows as an "Internal Mic". Disable all other mics in Windows Control Panel/Sound/Record tab in order to be able to enable it)

- Internal speaker mute capability

- SPDIF mute capability

Instructions:

1. Download Modded driver v 10.6162.3

2. Download appropriate D620 or D620 WRT inf and ini files from this post.

3. Copy the modded STWRT.inf, stwrt.ini and WRT.ini to the V10.6162.3 WDM folder (replace/overwrite files that are currently there)

4. Make sure your hardware ID is listed in the modded files as there are different hardware IDs even within a model series.

5. Highly recommend uninstalling previous drivers in device manager AND uninstalling SigmaTel/IDT control panel from Windows programs section in control panel.

I have disabled SRS in this version as I don't use it.

Enjoy and hopefully these will work for you.

D630.zip

D620.zip

• 2 months later...
Guest Rodney

I have a D630 running Win 7 32bit. When I attempt to install the IDT driver (v10.6162.3) I get "The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package." Is this related to hardware ID. How do I determine what the hardware ID is?

• 2 months later...
Guest Kashelz

Hi. Can you do the same modification to the STWRT64.inf and stwrt64,ini? What you have done looks like to work only on 32bit windows. I am trying to fix driver issues, Dell D630 Vista 64bit Sigmatel audio driver is crashing my video on flash player (latest official is 6.10.0.5866 and it is very old). I am on Windows 7 SP1 64bit.

• 2 months later...
Guest iahq76

I have a D620 running Win 7 32bit. When I attempt to install the IDT driver (v10.6162.3) I get "The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package." Is this related to hardware ID. However hardware ID is in the list, what to do?

Sorry, this got redirected to the wrong topic.

Edited by NighTalon

• 5 months later...

Hi

I too have a dell d630 with Windows 7 32bit. and am getting the error 'The hardware detected is not supported by this IDT software package' when i run the setup.exe from the v10.6162.3 package.

I also tried just updating the drivers from device manager, but i get an error about missing file.

I looked in the files in the D630.zip and looks like my hardware ID is in there.

anyone have any luck, or can provide any pointers on getting this to work?