LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Website infiltrated with Nasty

mobilenvidia

It looks like on the 28th of February a nasty malicious bug got through our defenses.

By bug all that happened was, links were inserted into website code that pointed to a malware site, no actual bugs would have been caught from here.

It seems to have gotten in via the blog, so much for keeping things up to date, the bugs still get through.

This bug was a particularly sneaky one and took some doing to get rid of.

It's been removed, but Chrome (Google) may still give a warning, this may last some days on certain pages.

Some pages are marked as bad even though they arn't and show fine with Internet Explorer and firefox

Apologies for any inconvenience, but we do everything possible to keep the site squeeky clean but were foiled :)

A huge thanks to Teraphy for his help with this, without him we'd be down the toilet :)

Now after wasting many days on this, it's time to get back to drivers and modding.

Yes it is, we're working that.

Cursed Malware, it's time wasting at it's best to fix it all :)

On my screen the word/link "BIOS Updates" is overlapping the big 2. Not sure if it was like that before.

Guest john scrimer

hi. new to the forums, but have been using your inf's for a couple of years now. have been trying to update my driver for about a week now. it seems that a lot of the inf's are missing when i click on the links( ex. 266.58). i have found more recent ones that do have a working link to the inf, but every time i install one of them(ex. 267.31) i get a bsod, and then have to restart in safe mode and rollback to the last good configuration. i saw in another post that someone else was having the same problem. i don't know if this is because of the trouble you had last week, but i wanted to let you know about the problem. i'm really hoping this is just a temporary thing, because i'm having problems finding clear instructions on how to alter the inf myself, and i really like the convenience that your website offers. anyway, keep up the good work, and thank you for all of your hard work!

• 5 months later...
Guest challenge questions hurt

none of the answers to the challenge question works for me.. it keeps sending me back with this message:

The following errors were found:

• Your answer to the challenge question was not valid. Please try again.

i can understand that guests are treated differently perhaps but ive been asking about this for weeks now, 1 post per 3 days and in different but similar topic'd threads..

Am i really that stupid to run into this or is everybody ignoring me or is the rest too shy to admit at least answer me somebody out there.. make me laugh with a good reply.. so it wasnt all in vain :P