LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Pi1536 with ATI X1600?

nmsv

Hi guys,

I've been reading this forum for a while but now I have a question that I would like to be awnswered (if possible, of course) :)

My X1400 from Pi1536 died and after seeing this topic I thinking of buying a X1600 from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ATI-X1600-256MB-LS-2821P-EAL80-M56P-HP-NX9420-NW9440-/250722601463?pt=UK_Computing_LaptopAccess_RL&hash=item3a603b49f7 cheap, and for what the computer is destinated it is a good deal :)

Will I have any problems?

Thanks guys :P

I fitted a X1600 MXM II with a red PCB (from a dead Uniwill barebone)into a Pi 1536 about 2 years ago and it worked flawlessly.

Although I have some doubts whether the card you linked is compatible with the Pi,

as it is an HP spare part. I have a 770M from HP in my 1556 and it also works,

bit I can't confirm whether the card you have in mind will work.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

I fitted a X1600 MXM II with a red PCB (from a dead Uniwill barebone)into a Pi 1536 about 2 years ago and it worked flawlessly.

Although I have some doubts whether the card you linked is compatible with the Pi,

as it is an HP spare part. I have a 770M from HP in my 1556 and it also works,

bit I can't confirm whether the card you have in mind will work.

And what's the BIOS version you are using? All I'm getting is a beep at the beggining. 1 sec beep and then the laptop just seems to reboot countless times...

• 11 months later...

I got amilo pi 1536 and i had the classic problem with the gpu ati x1400.I bought x1600 but it isnt recognized from the system.What bios i have to put in my laptop so the amilo pi will recognie x1600. I would be really grateful for your help, i am completely desperate.