LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dawn of War 2

robby001

Any of you guys been playing Warhammer DOW2? I have finally bought a laptop that was supposed to be able to play it with no issues. I got an Alienware M17x Intel Core i7 2820QM 2.3GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Mode, 8MB Cache) 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz (4DIMMS) 1.5GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeForce GTX 460M 750GB 7,200RPM HDD. But when running it I find that every once in awhile the game will pause screen will go black for 2 seconds and the fans kick up then everything is fine for a bit longer. After doing some research I talked with a gentleman at Relic and he said the driver that I am currently running for my GTX460M card is out of date "which of course is the most up to date on the Dell website" which is the 266.08 and should be running the 266.58 version. Does anyone have any experience with this driver? Or is there something else that could be causing this? I would appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks Robert.