LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v270.28 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | Mobile OEM

mobilenvidia

Tried to install this driver with the .inf on my Dell XPS15 w/ Geforce GT 540M. Managed to pass the hardware check, but it gives an installation error without even trying. :)

Just tried the modded INF and it worked fine for me :)

Guest Aleksandar

It worked fine with me without using the modded INF but I am having problems with battlefield 2, graphical glitch. And FPS doesn't increase that much, I think that some games are running more smoothly now, Crysis 2 managed not to pull out a warning message and is working normal on medium settings. By the way I know this isn't the right topic but what temperature is referred to as normal for gaming, because after clocking my video card I am reaching a maximum temperature on Crysis of around 82C.

Guest pietje

Just tried the modded INF and it worked fine for me :)

Strange indeed. Am I supposed to remove the Dell drivers first?

I've made a screenshot of the error I'm getting. It's in Dutch, but you should get the point. After choosing either express of custom installation, the error comes up right away.

H3M23341.png

Guest david

I am getting the same error, when i download the modified inf file I put it in the display drivers folder in the extracted directory, am I doing this correctly??

Strange indeed. Am I supposed to remove the Dell drivers first?

I've made a screenshot of the error I'm getting. It's in Dutch, but you should get the point. After choosing either express of custom installation, the error comes up right away.

H3M23341.png

Guest Hammerfest

the install with the modified ING seemed to go ok... but I wanted to ask if anyone else who had a successful install was experiencing system hangs... I seem to be getting it with my laptop where when I try to do anything requiring more then 2D after about 10sec or so it hangs, then causes me to have to hard reset because the system becomes unresponsive VIA @ the console and VIA RDP... REALLY trippy, but i cant tell for sure if its my IE9 or this driver, because i installed them both at the same time :) ... reformat time :)

What you could try doing is:

Grab modded INF (nvwi.inf)

rename this to what ever your machine OEM calls the INF (ie Dell = nvdm.inf)

Now replace that INF.

All the INFs need to be in the folder as setup checks for them all.

But having the INF with your Dev_ID and SUBSYS numbers will take precedence or could confuse the installer

i have the texture flickering problem in ACBrotherhood and a bug related to explosions with Crysis 2,

no matter if i use the modded INF or not

Guest GforceNL

I am getting the same error, when i download the modified inf file I put it in the display drivers folder in the extracted directory, am I doing this correctly??

Also getting this " installation failed" error right after selecting normal or custom install.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest denis

Thanks a lot, this has fixed my problem!

I was stuck with Fujitsu drivers which didn't allow me to switch between Integrated and NVIDIA, but this has solved this!

:) :)

Guest Marco

FM2011 also does not work. Seems to me the problem is when switching from integrated gpu to nvidia (mine is a GT 540m) ..

FM stops working when starting a match