LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HELP> Installing Driver For GT 540M

BURAOT

Can Any1 Help Me. Is There Any1 Knows Any GT 540M Driver Working For WinXP ... Im Still Having Issues Installing The Modded INF ... Any Help I Greatly Appreciate Thnx ...

95885646.png

Drivers Ive Used

266.58_notebook_winxp_32bit_international_whql

267.24_notebook_winxp_32bit_international_beta

27061.exe <-- DL Here @ The Site

Moded INF I Used

nv4_disp.inf

nvwi.inf

Specs:

Model: ACER 4743G

VGA: Nvdia Geforce GT 540M

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm also facing the same problem. I have a Acer Aspire 4750G Notebook and the Graphics Processor is GeForce GT 540M CUDA with 1GB RAM. It was supposed to come with Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit) but however since I don't like Windows 7, I downgraded it to Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (yes, I know is old).

I downloaded the NVIDIA Driver Version 270.61 from http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/28391-v27061-windows-xp-32bit-nvidia-desktop/ BUT with the INF Modified http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/270series/27061/nv4_disp.inf since the original INF that came with the driver didn't support GeForce GT 540M.

The installation went smoothly without any errors and I was told to restart the computer which I did. After the reboot is completed, the Device Manager is able to recognize the Graphics Processor as "NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M" BUT there is a problem with the device (as indicated by the yellow exclamation mark next to the device) and the error message is "This device cannot start" and the error code is 10 (See attached Image). I have googled the error and is related to driver not installed correctly.

ef4ee46813.jpg

I would like to know:

1. How can resolve the "Code 10" error that I'm having?

2. Am I using the correct driver version (270.61) with the modified INF?

3. If the driver that I'm using is incorrect, which is the recomended driver version to use for Windows XP Professional SP3 that also support GeForce GT 540M?

Hi all,

Really hope I can get some help here.

Thanks in advance.

Im Testing Somethin ... Disable First The Intel GPU Inside The BIOS Settings .. Then Install The Driver For NVIDIA ... Currently Mine Is Working I Still Testing ...

Hey Buraot,

You mean the BIOS of your Acer 4743G have the option to choose which graphics adapter you want to use only and disable the other that you won't be using?

My 4750G BIOS do not have any option to disable any graphics adapter. The BIOS that I'm using is "Phoenix SecureCOre Tiano" version 1.22.

Which BIOS are you using and what version?

Can Any1 Help Me. Is There Any1 Knows Any GT 540M Driver Working For WinXP ... Im Still Having Issues Installing The Modded INF ... Any Help I Greatly Appreciate Thnx ...

95885646.png

Drivers Ive Used

Moded INF I Used

nv4_disp.inf

nvwi.inf

Specs:

Im Testing Somethin ... Disable First The Intel GPU Inside The BIOS Settings .. Then Install The Driver For NVIDIA ... Currently Mine Is Working I Still Testing ...

Hi Buraot,

Do you have NVIDIA OPTIMUS TECHNOLOGY on your Acer 4743G? I see that you have 2 Graphics Adapter so I assume that you have.

Also did you managed resolve the error that you had after you disabled the Intel Graphics Adapter from the BIOS?

Still waiting for your reply...

Edited by Digistras

Hi Buraot,

Still waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

95885646.png

Drivers Ive Used

Moded INF I Used

nv4_disp.inf

nvwi.inf

Specs:

Hey Buraot,

You mean the BIOS of your Acer 4743G have the option to choose which graphics adapter you want to use only and disable the other that you won't be using?

My 4750G BIOS do not have any option to disable any graphics adapter. The BIOS that I'm using is "Phoenix SecureCOre Tiano" version 1.22.

Which BIOS are you using and what version?

Hi Buraot,

Do you have NVIDIA OPTIMUS TECHNOLOGY on your Acer 4743G? I see that you have 2 Graphics Adapter so I assume that you have.

Also did you managed resolve the error that you had after you disabled the Intel Graphics Adapter from the BIOS?

Still waiting for your reply...

Hi Buraot,

Still waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

Hey Buraot,

Pls reply. Where are you? I'm waiting for your reply....

Hi Sorry 4 the late reply , yup u can disable the intel hd thru the device manager in xp ... im currently usin... official 270.61-notebook-winxp-32bit-international-whql ... As They All Say Nvidia Does'nt Support Win Xp OS for optimus tech ... But the official 270.61-notebook-winxp-32bit-international-whql actually support geforce 540m Driver But No Optimus ... :) ... and also u can see the intel option in the bios if u use the moded bios for ur laptop ...

82991296.png

Edited by BURAOT

Hi Sorry 4 the late reply , yup u can disable the intel hd thru the device manager in xp ... im currently usin... official 270.61-notebook-winxp-32bit-international-whql ... As They All Say Nvidia Does'nt Support Win Xp OS for optimus tech ... But the official 270.61-notebook-winxp-32bit-international-whql actually support geforce 540m Driver But No Optimus ... :) ... and also u can see the intel option in the bios if u use the moded bios for ur laptop ...

82991296.png

Hi Buraot,

Thanks for your reply. I saw that you requested for a modded BIOS for your 4743G in another forum here:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HELP-Unlocking-ACER-4743G-Phoenix-BIOS-v1-06

and inside post #2 of the thread (http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HELP-Unlocking-ACER-4743G-Phoenix-BIOS-v1-06?pid=29278#pid29278), Kizwan mentioned in step 3 that:

3. "Your notebook have Nvidia Optimus. Disabling Intel HD will make your notebook unusable. Intel HD act as a display controller for both Intel HD & Nvidia GPU. If Intel HD is disabled, Nvidia won't be able to output the frames to the display because the route is cutoff."

Can you tell me:

1. Have you used the modded BIOS for your 4743G from Kizwan as posted over here:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HELP-Unlocking-ACER-4743G-Phoenix-BIOS-v1-06?pid=29309#pid29309 ?

2. After you used the modded BIOS provided by Kizwan for your 4743G to disable the "Intel HD Graphics Adapter", do you still get display on your LCD screen?

3. Do you still encounter the "Yellow exclaimation mark" error for your Geforce GT 540M on your Windows XP?

Awaiting your reply....

Yup The Moded BIOS Is working can see the settings for intel ... bottom line is Nvidia doesn't support optimus tech for windows xp ... although i have the latest official driver 270.61-notebook-winxp-32bit-international-whql.exe and support the geforce 540M... it still doesnt work ... just pray nvidia change their mind ... PS. Im Not Using Any Modified Driver Or INF ..

Edited by BURAOT

Yup The Moded BIOS Is working can see the settings for intel ... bottom line is Nvidia doesn't support optimus tech for windows xp ... although i have the latest official driver 270.61-notebook-winxp-32bit-international-whql.exe and support the geforce 540M... it still doesnt work ... just pray nvidia change their mind ... PS. Im Not Using Any Modified Driver Or INF ..

Hi Buraot,

I would appreciate if you can give me the answers to my following questions. Please input your answer next to my questions. Thanks.

1. So you have used the modded BIOS created by Kizwan for your Acer Aspire 4743G?

2. After you used the modified BIOS to disable the Intel HD Graphics Adapter, you still get display on your LCD screen?

3. So what Kizwan have mentioned to you about the part where after you disable the Intel HD Graphics Adapter, you will NOT get any display as the output will be cut, this is actually not true?

4. Do you still encounter the "Yellow exclaimation mark" error for your Geforce GT 540M on your Windows XP?

Please answer the above mentioned questions with a "YES" or a "NO".

Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Can Any1 Help Me.

Yes. The solution is very simple.

GET WITH THE PROGRAM, DUMP YOUR XP, AND ADAPT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

You have an Optimus switchable graphics. Disabling Intel graphics, as suggested by Buraot is mentally retarded to the extreme, for Intel HD is what gives your laptop 8 hour battery. Going with 1/2 the graphics system, with just your GT 540M, you get at best, 4 hours if you're lucky. So what is the point of shelling out all that money for a laptop with decent graphics, only to be held back by your unexplainable phobia of a new OS? Why, a few hours with Windows 7, you'll be handling it just like the time you switched from Windows 98 to XP. Remember that? And back then I'll bet you thought XP was a nightmare to learn, too. The adjustment from 98 to XP was tremendous. Far more engaging, I would think, than migrating from XP to 7. But with Windows 7, the adjustment should be a cinch, because 7 really makes thing so much simpler and rewarding. By sticking to XP, you are losing out on more than switchable graphics. You are also missing instant partitioning with Disk Management. You are losing all those beautiful icons and themes. You are missing gadgets and the dock. You are missing the disk space bar. You lose all of that and more, just because of one pigheaded stubbornness to change.