LaptopVideo2Go Forums

In the market for a new Gaming Laptop, Any suggestions?

Miyth

Hi everyone. My Alienware m15x is evidently on its last legs. I would really have liked to keep this laptop around for a few more years, but apparently everyone who bought an Alienware in 2008 has been thoroughly screwed over by NVIDIA dropping all support for "Hybrid" technology. This means that I, along with the other m15x users, are stuck using drivers from 2008, somewhere around 186.xx, and although my 8700M-GT would last me for a few more years, days of googling and forum posting have turned up many other people will the same problem, and not a single solution.

So, needless to say, I don't ever want to repeat this again. If I could build my own laptop from scratch, I could, but I understand that that is more trouble/expensive to be worth it. Instead, I was hoping to find a recommendation for a good gaming laptop with a good motherboard, and the ability to update its drivers cleanly from the NVIDIA website, and not through a third party site. (EG: Dell/Alienware).

Does such a thing even exist? Or is the "Mobile" section of the NVIDIA website put there out of some twisted sense of irony.

Thanks for your insight!