LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Unable to install driver for Nvidia GT 330 M on Sony Vaio VPCCW26FX

dubtruth

I am attempting to install an updated driver on my Sony Vaio "ICYWHITE" laptop, model # VPCCW26FX. There is known problem with the DPC latency with the 330 M, which is a major problem for a laptop musician like myself.

Sony has not released any updates to the video driver since 2009. I used my hardware id:

VEN_10DE&DEV_0A2B&SUBSYS_9072104D

to identify the available drivers and downloaded v197.01 - I then uninstalled the 330 M in device manager and deleted the drivers, rebooted into safe mode, and attempted to load the new drivers using the "Have Disk" method.

i can see the driver listing for the 330 and the 330 M but every time I select either of them, i get an error message saying the drivers wont work for the installed hardware.

please help me determine what i need to do to successfully install this driver

You could try without the subsys and try these: http://laptopvideo2g...s%5B%5D=win7x64

First try to install with setup.exe - the newest drivers don't necessarily install via have disk. No need to do it in safe mode.

You could try without the subsys and try these: http://laptopvideo2g...s%5B%5D=win7x64

First try to install with setup.exe - the newest drivers don't necessarily install via have disk. No need to do it in safe mode.

thanks zip i just finished d/l'ing v259.47 and im gonna give that a try using setup... results to follow

"the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware"

any ideas?

Edited by dubtruth

Did you use the modified inf - it's obligatory for your card.

Did you use the modified inf - it's obligatory for your card.

i renamed the existing nvbl.inf to old_nvbl.inf, then copied the modded inf and pasted it into the install directory and then ran setup. was there something else i needed to do? did i screw something up?