LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Noobie question

Kap1234

Hello, I've just arrived here, i read all the faqs but still don't understand few thing, if someone could explain them would be nice.

Those labels near driver versions (like destkop, Dell, samsung) what do they show? Do they actually mean, that lets say drivers with label samsung have tweaks specifically for samsung laptops? I have an old model of samsung laptop and latest drivers for my model on samsung website are quite old, the latest i found with label samsung here on the forum are 266.72, and this driver is actually there for download on samsung website but for newest models of laptops, so it's supposed to be tweaked for these most recent one's and has nothing to do with my laptop, even though its samsung too.(all specifications are different). So there's no point in downloading specifically this driver for samsung users, if they dont own those newest models. So what this labels actually mean? only manufacturer who uses this driver? so it doesnt have any special tweaks?

Another question: why 266.72 driver's size here is 30 mb bigger then the one on samsung website?