LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Driver round-up November 2011 Part 2

StefanG3D

Hi!

Why I can't upgrade my Asus M50 (gtx 260M) with latest driver? I actually use 263.00 forceware but if I install other version I get frequently bsod (nvlddmkm error) especially on windows desktop after few minutes...

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Francesco

There's something funny about Lenovo V470c 266.32 - the inf inside says 267.53, which was also used in other lenovo drivers. Either they never change their inf or something else is loony about their stuff. And the "32bit" drivers are much bigger than the other and inside say...64. (Your filenames agree with other websites and lenovo).

Right, back from school camp have caught up on the above.

Luckily the driver processor picked up the Lenovo driver update as 00000001 noticed also above.

Right, back from school camp have caught up on the above.

285.76 and 275.91 don't appear in the intended forums.

Another R290 tidbit:

Does NVIDIA support 3D Vision over DisplayPort 1.1 with BenQ 3D Vision monitors?

Answer ID 3064 | Published 11/22/2011 09:11 AM | Updated 11/22/2011 09:11 AM

Yes, NVIDIA supports 3D Vision over DisplayPort 1.1 starting with Release 290 drivers, available on the BenQ XL2420T and BenQ XL2420TX (embedded emitter) monitor.

BenQ XL2420T

This monitor supports 3D over DL-DVI or DisplayPort 1.1 using the 3D Vision USB IR emitter. This monitor does not have a 3D Vision built-in IR emitter and does not support 3D over HDMI 1.4.

BenQ XL2420TX

This monitor has a 3D Vision built-in IR emitter and supports 3D over DL-DVI, DisplayPort 1.1, and HDMI 1.4. If you plan to use 3D Vision over DisplayPort 1.1, there are some dependencies on which GeForce GPUs work with 3D when you are using the built-in IR emitter. If you are using GeForce 8 series, GeForce 9 series, or GeForce GTX 295/280/260 GPU you must use a 3D Vision USB IR Emitter to enable 3D Vision over DisplayPort 1.1. If you do not have a USB IR Emitter, NVIDIA recommend switching to DL-DVI for 3D Vision support. All other GeForce GPUs support 3D Vision over DisplayPort 1.1 using the built-in IR emitter.

Please note that with Release 290 drivers, NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround is not supported when using three monitors connected via DisplayPort. Please switch to DL-DVI for 3D Vision Surround support.