LaptopVideo2Go Forums

The difference between 179.48 and 180+ drivers (8600m Gt)

Cousland

Hi. I'd like to ask, what's the difference between 179.48 and any newer drivers for 8600m GT? Because the 179.48 are the last drivers whick I can use, because my external monitor doesn't work with any newer. It starts flickering and just doesn't work properly. Is there some way to easily find out what happend with the 180 series that wasn't there before? Perhaps some line in installer that I could edit and use latest drivers?

(I have installed 156.10 and 179.48 over it which proved to be the best option.The 156.10 are the latest drivers approved by my laptop manufacturer - Compal, they didn't update any of their drivers for my laptop (Compal FL90) since 2007 and I'd really like to use latest drivers so I can play new games. I'm using Win7 64-bit but I tried XP 32 and 64 and Win7 32 but nothing helped)

Thanks

Edited by Cousland