LaptopVideo2Go Forums

[Request] ATI 6470M XP Driver (a modded one, maybe?)

david.lynch

Hello everyone! EMaRr.gif

I'm here as a last resource.

My client *really* wants to use Windows XP on his HP dm4-2095br notebook.

Since HP doesn't offer XP drivers to this specific model, what could I do install graphics driver on XP? it is a AMD/ATI 6470M, hardware ID is PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_1651103C&REV_00\4&8F789FD&0&0008.

This is the only driver missing, all other devices at device manager are ok! bYM5b.gif

Maybe some modded .inf/driver could do the trick. Do I need to say that any help would be *really and very* appreciated? 5h0qs.gif

jg2t4.gif & cheers 3sigU.gif

bYM5b.gifXtT2V.gif

I'm speechless. That's the first sign of a driver that could be compatible.

One question: since I was looking for a solution for over than a week, how could you find it? If you've found it by a google search, what was the query syntax?

jg2t4.gif

I only used the hp US site and just searched for the graphics card in question, selected a random laptop which held this card, clicked on the support and drivers link, selected windows xp and then scrolled down to the video driver.

Edited by feigned-existence

no problem ^_^ i had to do it before when downgrading my laptop from vista to xp ages ago, the laptop happened to be hp too.