LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Which driver / inf should I use for my old GeForce Go 7900 GS (0298)

dip29

Hi,

I am still stuck with this old card (only 256MB as well) for the foreseeable future and am using the latest driver that the NVidia website recommends for it: the 179.48 BETA.

Now it works fine for the most part, but I find performance to be a bit lacking especially around light reflections and flickering torches that you find in fantasy/rpg type games.

So since the driver I am using is some 2 years and 9 months old already, I was wondering whether there is a better (more stable, fixes bugs, better fps) driver out there that I could use without frying it?

If so, which driver (or drivers) should I consider and which INFs and what not should I use? I am really confused by the whole selection...

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I just updated my profile with full info about my system, hopefully this helps? I am certain my Laptop's BIOS is the newest, but I have no idea about my GPU's BIOS status (other than the version)

Edited by dip29