LaptopVideo2Go Forums

My 9600m gt broke, no boot and blinking powersupply LED

Crispii

It finally happen it broke. My 9600m gt short circuit or overheated i don't know but it definitly broke. If i plug in de power supply the LED will blink on and of the hole time. I think there is a chance that the card will break over time after a long period of use. Simply because it's not designed for the amilo-pi. But if someone has tips on how we can fix/prevend this let us know.

I guess it was revision A1.

If so, then it's Bumpgate. Try a reflow. If it doesn't help, get one from revision C1, which is not affected.

This has nothing to do with "not designed for the Amilo" - rev. A1 will eventually fail in *any* machine, no matter what, due to a chip packaging issue that was corrected in rev. C1.

• 2 weeks later...

So i must crank up the hot air oven to 200 D. Celsius, put my card on 4cm aluminum foil balls with the gpu facing down.

And then i have to put my card into the oven for about 8 min.

If this is the correct way let me know.

Edited by Crispii

• 2 weeks later...

Nope it did not the trick, maybe its an crushed core or something