LaptopVideo2Go Forums

SAS2008 (LSI9240/9211) Firmware files

mobilenvidia

... re downloaded and extracted the dos.zip file, def not sbempty...bin file in there

pls advise

G

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• Georgelza

• sleyk

• jperz09

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, Georgelza said:

... re downloaded and extracted the dos.zip file, def not sbempty...bin file in there

pls advise

G

Well I'll be, its definitely in SAS2008 link

2 hours ago, Georgelza said:

anyone ?
G

Crikey, a man needs his sleep, helping is tiring work

You need a non UEFI BIOS motherboard to use some DOS commands, sas2flsh included
Use either the Windows or UEFI boot versions of the command, links in first post should have both versions

On 4/19/2021 at 9:12 PM, mobilenvidia said:

Crikey, a man needs his sleep, helping is tiring work

You need a non UEFI BIOS motherboard to use some DOS commands, sas2flsh included
Use either the Windows or UEFI boot versions of the command, links in first post should have both versions

so before i stuff things up, 

see the psi_win drop does not include the 2118it.bin file, neither does it include empty... I noticed.

after fitting the card to a machine that has a windows OS and booting up, would I simply go to the command prompt and execute the sas2flash.exe -o -f 2118it.bin ?

just curious...

how would this software know where to find the card. don't want it to try and flash something else.

G

8 hours ago, Georgelza said:

so before i stuff things up, 

see the psi_win drop does not include the 2118it.bin file, neither does it include empty... I noticed.

after fitting the card to a machine that has a windows OS and booting up, would I simply go to the command prompt and execute the sas2flash.exe -o -f 2118it.bin ?

just curious...

how would this software know where to find the card. don't want it to try and flash something else.

G

Run Windows Shell (command) in Administrator mode
If you have just the one LSI card in the machine the flasher app will pick it
It won't flash you BIOS or Video ROM 

You'll need to pick and match files as they suit
I had all the folders on a USB stick so they were handy
Also had an old Non UEFI motherboard to do it on, I'm a DOS man from way back
But all thats gone after fire, including all but one of my LSI (HP branded) LSI cards

Not to worry, also come from the DOS age, can also through in some Netware 2.12 if you remember... 🙂

... so I'm logged in as a admin, know command shell well. Happy to hear about the tool will only do the card.

command wise I assume it's the exact same commands as the DOS option, as in the sas2flash 2118it.bin and then the rewrite of the serial number.

I'm mostly, make that only on MAC now,  I'm going to use the wife's computer for this. tired of taking the NAS apart to try, then problem, put back together until next try.

G

Well I'll be dammed, just wanted to make sure I got ALL the files on the windows USB... and discovered 2118it.bin is not there, so quickly popped to my lsi_dos drop, well guess it was not there either, so re-downloaded the file, and it's not in there...

it is in the sas2008 drop.

G

Give it ago in UEFI boot mode, files should also be in the downloads
Its less likely to hide cards as nothing other than UEFI BIOS has booted
I normally don't use Windows unless no other options

PS:

Well I'll be dammed, just wanted to make sure I got ALL the files on the windows USB... and discovered 2118it.bin is not there, so quickly popped to my lsi_dos drop, well guess it was not there either, so re-downloaded the file, and it's not in there...

it is in the sas2008 drop.

G

happy to try

excuse me... but the UEFI steps are not clear, well at least for me... (or at least those I've found online)

I got the BIOS bootable USB.

what do I copy where, what do I execute when.

G

The docs :

You can use UEFI to flash the BIOS too.

Have a look here http://kb.lsi.com/KnowledgebaseArticle15807.aspx

is not there anymore either.

Trying to follow : http://brycv.com/blog/2012/flashing-it-firmware-to-lsi-sas9211-8i/

not booting.

on another site they said create a eft/boot folders and drop files into the boot folder, also not working.

... think I got it flashed... see below picture...

followed: http://brycv.com/blog/2012/flashing-it-firmware-to-lsi-sas9211-8i/

question, it stays on this screen for a while...... quite a while, any chance to get it faster ?

G

Edited by Georgelza

wanted to upload picture of my drives showing, successssss. but I'm being limited to 7kB...

Now to configure them in TrueNAS CORE.

G

Well done, glad you got it sorted

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread yet again, I'm running into an issue flashing an IBM ServeRaid M1015 9220 card into IT mode and I can't seem to find any evidence of anyone else running into the same issue, much less a solution. 

After booting to the DOS USB stick, the first command [megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin] works fine and returns [Success] after running. But the second command [megarec -cleanflash 0] returns [CFI Query failed    Flash is Not Programmable]. 

Did I manage to get some weird card with a one time programmable flash or something? Maybe the flash is just too old?

Any ideas?

20221026_232626_HDR_25.jpg

Try going to next step with the SAS2FLSH command, it may already have been in IT mode
Or try flashing back the M1015 SBR to go back to where you were

Well, after ignoring the error and proceeding anyways it seems to have worked just fine. It was awfully disconcerting to see a message telling me that my card wasn't programmable while I was trying to, well, program it, but it looks like it's in IT mode now. I guess you can safely ignore that error? I'll leave my post there in case someone runs into this same thing in the future.

>Hi there

>I'm trying to download the files in the first post but they seems to be disappeared....

>Am I the only one?

.... Reached them with wget ... sorry

Andrea

Edited by adm313

16 hours ago, adm313 said:

>Hi there

>I'm trying to download the files in the first post but they seems to be disappeared....

>Am I the only one?

.... Reached them with wget ... sorry

Andrea

Whoops, HTTP DLs no longer work in Chrome changed all links to HTTPS and now all good

• 3 months later...

Hi, sorry to bring things back up but can't really solve my issue
Here are my Hardware Specs:
Asus Z8Pe-D12X
Asus PIKE 1078 which is a LSI 9220-8i

Here are the steps that I had taken:

megarec -writesbr 0 sbrempty.bin

Success

megarec -cleanflash 0

Complete, then Reboot
sas2flsh -o -f 2118ir.bin -b mptsas2.rom
No LSI SAS adapter found

used P05, P07, P09, P10, P14, P15, P16, P17, P18, P19
all returned the same error, and now megarec and megacli cannot detect the adapter

Please help, Thanks in advance