LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVS 4200M problems

rainn

Hello there :)

I have a Fujitsu T901 with an Nvidia NVS4200M and I have some troubles with this video card.

I know that this is not a gaming card (and my T901 is not a gaming laptop and I purchased it for different purpose) but sometimes I would like to play some random games for fun and at low settings (the NVS is still a bit better than the integrated intel card). My problem is that I'm going crazy with drivers and setting, I'm not expert and I don't really know what to do to push the performance of my little machine.

At fist I had the Fujistu 275.x driver installed but I had some weird issues with windows and I started switching different drivers, from 28x series back to 27x and now I'm with 290.36. No more windows problems but my games performance have some issues.

What can I do to push the graphic performance of my card? I don-t care about graphic quality, I only care about a reasonable fps that doesn't make the game extremely choppy. Again, I know that my NVS is not powerful and not a gaming card but I would like to try every possible way to push its performance as much as possible, so do you have any advice?

Any of you have or had an NVS4200M and can share some advice in matter of settings to improve performance or possible driver version that I can try to gain a couple of fps?

Thank you for your time and for your valuable help!

Check NVidia Control panel, 3D settings. Put everything there for performance instead of balanced or quality. Perhaps a little overclocking, some 10% Your card is not fast but still passable - like my backup machine with Quadro FX 1600M.

Hi, thanks for you reply.

I have never overclocked something, will I have temperature issues?

Talking about driver, you think that changing them would not make a big difference?

If I manage to gain from 3 to 5 fps, my life will be way better lol :)