LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Latest nvidia custom drivers for Vaio VGN-NR38S/S ?

Ranmamez

Hello.

I have to downgrade a Sony Vaio notebook, the VGN-NR38S/S, with an nVidia Geforce 8400M GT custom graphics card, that came with (s)Vista.

I tried first to find the exact same driver as the Vista preinstalled (156.65) and I found it here in this forum, but now I'm trying to find the latest available driver for this GPU. I'm not so lucky because the lattest I could find for sony mobile are the 197.44 and I'm not even sure if this version could even be compatible with the graphic card (I tried to search in the card list but the exact custom model doesn't show up)*.

By the way, this is the pci\ven\dev data of this card:

pci\ven_10de&dev_0426&subsys_902d104d&rev_a1\4&17 1b8011&0&0008

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance.

* P.s.: as I thought, I've just tried them and they don't work.

Edit: btw, I've just read the pinned topic about offtopics being deleted, and I'm really sorry, I thought this was the correct section, since I didn't find anywhere else where to post. Can someone please point me where to move my thread? Thank you in advance. (Please administrators, don't delete my thread so soon, I'll move it, promised!)

Edited by Ranmamez

I'm sorry to inform you that your frontpage search engine don't work well, since it doesn't find even the 156.65 for Windows XP that I found myself.

So please, before giving any advice, check if what are you suggesting is working, thank you.

Edited by Ranmamez