LaptopVideo2Go Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dox

Catalyst 11.12 Lite

Dox

[uPDATE]

It appears as though non switchable graphics users needs to sign driver files after install as well.

Please follow the Ati Driver Install Guide as well!

Making my debut for the lite versions of Dox Modded Mobility Catalyst (or DMMC). I was not happy with DMMC 11.11 due to driver tweaks and extremely buggy Switchable graphics. Although I was happy with DMMC 11.12 with regards to tweaks and switchable graphics I was not happy with the driver file package size, which are over 100mb. So I decided to release lite versions of DMMC 11.12. These Lite versions may become the main versions with DMMC 12.01 or I may choose to release the full fat and lite versions of each Catalyst driver releases. Will have to see how popular these lite versions are!

[Whats the Lite Version?]

Lite version includes the same driver tweaks and support as the 'full fat version' released earlier. However the AMD driver package has been striped down to the bare bones and only includes the display driver and control panel (no opencl or windows decoders etc). Language files have also been deleted. Therefore this release will only show english in the Catalyst Control Panel. All this results in a driver package that is up to 50% smaller than the full fat version and AMD's stock official release.

The lite version is aimed at gaming/performance enthusiasts who want lean drivers thats a little different than all other out there. If you understand all of the above you can try these Lite versions - otherwise they are the same performance wise compared to the full fat versions.

[Note]

The Catalyst Install manager may look as though its frozen during installation of driver for a few seconds - have faith and it will start to 'work' again. After installation the Catalyst install manager will show install error in the log file. This is normal and due to files I deleted to reduce file size.

[Download Links]

DOWNLOAD LINK 1 ATI Single/Crossfire - Lite

DOWNLOAD LINK 2 ATI + Intel 4 - Lite

DOWNLOAD LINK 2 ATI + Intel HD

This release supports Windows 7 x64 ONLY.

k3nny

I still get the same problem.

The driver seems to be installed but CCC doesn't recognize it and the resolution options are limited.

Dox

am assuming that you are using the non switchable version? Does the official ATI driver do this? thanks!

k3nny

Exactly, the non swotchable one. The official version works fine.

Dox

go to device manager find your ati gpu right click it and tell me if windows give an error code? cheers!

I havent touched the part of the driver that the official ati driver already supports.... so wth?

hoping that device manager gives us the information thanks kenny.

demondor

It doesnt say here but does it support Mobility 5650? This is what dxdiag shows me

post-46452-0-20958000-1325045815_thumb.p

Guest LK

I still get the same problem.

The driver seems to be installed but CCC doesn't recognize it and the resolution options are limited.

did you enable test mode and sign all the .sys files that are required? I had the same problem but worked after I did that

follow this guide: http://forums.laptop...-install-guide/

Dox

LK do you have switchable graphics? If you don't it appears that all users have sign the files?

Dox

It doesnt say here but does it support Mobility 5650? This is what dxdiag shows me

Yes it is supported. It does say it it. Look again. The device is for 560o series is applicable to other cards so...

demondor

Bit of a problem here. I'm not using switchable graphics but after I install the driver it says something about not detecting the proper drivers. I started test mode through the signing app, signed the files after reboot, disabled test mode, rebooted and still stuck with the same problem :/ Am I supposed to have test mode switched on even when installing the dox drivers?

Dox

appears as though you need to sign driver files as well for non switchable graphics. Follow the guide as per switchable graphics install guide. tesmode needs to be enabled before installation as well.... as per the guide. thank you.

demondor

Ok one final thing. Started from scratch again and signed everything. Am I going to have to run windows in test mode as long as I have these drivers installed? because getting out of test mode sets me back to square one. Thanks

Dox

Yes you do. But test mode is just test mode you will see the test mode watermark. There's no performance impact with it on. If u followed the guide test mode willbe enabled without having to hit press F8 each time. Hope this helps.