LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Drivers for GeForce 7000M on Acer Aspire 7520

Alex_ncfc

Hi all, is anybody able to help me with my driver query?

I have an Acer Aspire 7520 laptop with a Geforce 7000M GPU (I am running Windows 7 x64) I am currently running drivers from early 2009 and was wondering if there is anything newer that I can obtain for this, either officially (I've had no luck searching) or on the main search page of LaptopVideo2go? Again I am unable to locate drivers for Windows 7 x64 even when searching using these details:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0533&SUBSYS_01261025

It may be the case there aren't any newer drivers (I'm running 7.15.11.7948) but just wondered if I was missing something.

Also my GPU temperature is still often very very high (reaching the 90s according to GPU-Z) but is never really below 70. I have Aero and all of the effects turned off and am running Windows in the 'classic' look. I've had the fan out and cleaned it up but there wasn't even much dust in it, so I'm at a loss with this.

Any ideas would be great.

Many thanks,

Alex

post-26615-0-32350700-1325515433_thumb.g

post-26615-0-48406300-1325515440_thumb.g

Many thanks for the response and the link, from which I downloaded and installed the 259.47 driver using the modified INF. I have noticed, however, that my temperatures have gone up to a shocking 105C. When I remove the fan from the laptop I can't recall seeing any form of compound underneath it but I will have another look in a bit.

So I guess my question is can driver have an impact on the temperature? It would be interesting to see how it runs in standard VGA mode but I doubt I'll be able to view the temperature sensors then will I?

Thanks

So I guess my question is can driver have an impact on the temperature? It would be interesting to see how it runs in standard VGA mode but I doubt I'll be able to view the temperature sensors then will I?

It can, I saw 5 to 10 C differences when testing different drivers/temperature with my ancient go5700; some crashed much earlier than other drivers. And naturally overclocked worse,too.

I have reverted back to my previous driver (using rollback) and the temperatures have dropped slightly but I am still in the 70s/80s! I also noticed that when using the modded driver I lost my ability to change my laptop's brightness, which I am guessing is because these are not aimed at laptops which is a shame as I would usually change this per power-plan. Is there any way this can be addressed?

One other thing I was hoping you could help with: as you can see in my screenshot of the sensors on GPU-Z, the GPU core clock is 349MHz, but this is rare and it will often be on 100Mhz (and sometimes, for some reason, 250Mhz) What is the reason for this and where is the setting for this determined? It seems to happen regardless of what my PowerMizer registry setting is set to.

Cheers,

Alex