LaptopVideo2Go Forums

I guess you get a thousand posts like this, but... HELP!

vildmark

Hi there,

I'm quite new to computers, hell i don't even know if I'm posting this in the right forum. Well, here we go:

I had a lot of trouble with my Acer 3830 TG Timeline X notebook w/ NVIDIA GeForce 540M. Almost all games I played crashed, this inclkuding not very graphics heavy games like Football Manager and Blood Bowl (a tad more graphics there though). So I googled around to find a solution and ended up doing thing I still have no clue about.

I downloaded the LV2GO program and a driver (275.33) that was said to work if I used LV2GO to modify it. Which I did. Anyway, my games still crashed after that and when I tried to bring back the latest NVIDIA driver from their site, the installation program says that my hardware doesn't support that driver (the same driver I had installed before mind you). And before trying to intall the new one a uninstalled the modified one.

Well, after some more time on google I find this site (funny that I used "your" program before knowing of the site...) and try a couple more drivers found here. Same story, none of them can be installed.

Now i'm without a driver and it says "standard VGA-graphics card" with the notification "this unit cannot be sarted" (excuse my poor translation).

Lesson learned, don't try stuff you are completely out of the blue with.

So, what did I do to my poor computer? I guess it has something to do with me modifying a driver with LV2GO? Is there any way to just get a nvidia driver running again?

Thanks in advance!

Update:

I ventured into Acers site and was able to find a lot of brand specific drivers that actually worked, my system regocnized them. Let's hope this one is stable because my system froze up every other minute before I was able to install the VGA_NVIDIA_8.17.12.6721_W7x64_A file.