LaptopVideo2Go Forums

D-link DWA-547

Frigolit

Hello!

I just found this great forum that probably will help me solve my problem.

Well, i have a D-link DWA-547 pci-card that i use for WLAN. As some of you know d-link are not updating the drivers anymore, i recently found out that it is an atheros chip. The problem i had before was that my computer froze from time to time which apperently had to do with the drivers for wlan-card. This was fixed with atheros driver v9.2.0.105.

A couple of weeks ago i started getting my wifi disconnected from time to time, tried everything except changing drivers because i didnt want the freezes to come back. Anyhow i changed to drivers today to atheros driver v921470. I guess the drops went away but now i get some weird speed-drops instead, when i play games a get ms-drops from 70ms to about 900ms.

So now im using v9.2.0.105 with modded inf and hopefully all the problems will be gone. I guess im about to see.

QUESTIONS:

• What are the most stable drivers for this crappy wireless card? I just want to be able to use the internetz without getting disconnects or too slow speeds.
  • How exactly do you use the modded inf? I just downloaded the original driver and then copy and pasted the inf to the driver-map of the originals.
  • I cant seem to be able to install some drivers because they have no setup.exe. When i try doing it through the control panel i only get "The newest update is already installed".

Info: Windows 7 and a Linksys WRT320N as router.

If this cant be solved im so gonna go back to cable even if it means dragging the damn cable across the house...

Kinds regards.

Edited by Frigolit