LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Please Help - How to get XP Drivers?

Flanders

I am desperately trying to get XP drivers for my laptop Medion Erazer X6815.

It has Intel HD and GT555M Optimus graphics. The Bios sucks because there is no option to select a desired card, it's forced as Optimus.

I can install XP, I have most of the drivers needed except the GT555M. I really dont want to have to sacrifice or lose the use of the GT555M.

Come on experts, someone must be able to help me.

I don't know if these will help, but I copied them from Manage Hardware on Windows 7:

NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M

Hardware Ids

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DCE&SUBSYS_20A61B0A&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DCE&SUBSYS_20A61B0A

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DCE&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DCE&CC_0300

Compatible Ids

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DCE&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DCE

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&CC_0300

PCI\VEN_10DE

PCI\CC_030000

PCI\CC_0300

Inf name

oem10.inf

Inf section

Section025

Thanks in advanced :)

sorry dude i have looked on the nvidia site, the medion support page and on here and i can't find a driver that is xp which will work for you, why downgrade from 7 anyway? vista i would understand but 7?

Windows 7 Compatibilty mode does not work well with some legacy programs and games.

I managed to get the GT555M driver installed by editing some of the INF files, and adding:

%NVIDIA_DEV.0DCE.01% = Section025, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DCE&SUBSYS_20A61B0A

NVIDIA_DEV.0DCE.01 = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M"

In the different Ini sections.

Yellow triangle shows up in device manager though and Control panel wouldnt install.

Will keep trying though!

good luck i've never been good at editing files ^_^, yeah the compatabilty is a bit touchy i admit.

• 1 year later...

Hi there, did u manage to sort this out as i am having a similar issue with my xps 17 and windows xp

• 2 weeks later...

Optimus was designed from scratch to work with Windows 7, mainly from the inability of older OSes to handle multiple display adapters as main output devices. On an Optimus system, going from Windows 7 to XP is a significant performance and stability downgrade.