LaptopVideo2Go Forums

problems with tv out on geforce4 mx 440

natezilla78

Hello. I am new to this. I know just enough about it to get my self in trouble. I have an nvidia geforce4 mx 440 that I have installed in a computer running windows vista that someone gave me. I cant get the tv out to work. i called nvidia and they said that my card will not work with windows vista but then refered me to this website and told me about the modified inf. I tried it but it is not working the way the guide says. I definately am not knowledgeable enough about computers to know what all of this stuff means. I dont even know if this is the right forum to be asking for help on this subject. everything I know is self taught and would like to try and do this my self as i do not have the money to pay a computer place or to buy a new computer. any help would be greatly appreciated, even if it is to be directed to a different forum. thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I don't know if TVTool works with Vista. It's designed to do exactly what you need, but it was designed for XP. It's worth a try and shouldn't hurt anything. If it doesn't work, try running it as an administrator and/or in XP Compatibility Mode.

Here's the link:

http://majorgeeks.co..._Tool_d403.html