LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Any good working drivers for the GT 610m 2gb?

slickmastajay

Ok so i recently purchased an Asus K53SD notebook at my local CompUSA. I was very excited when i bought it because of the specs a core i7 2670qm, 4gb ddr3 ram (will be upgraded soon), 750gb hdd, beautiful aluminum finish, icecool tech, usb 3.0, and most of all the nVida geforce GT 610m with 2gb of dedicated video ram. So when i first started the computer everything was great until i went in to change the resolution. I went into advanced settings and the adapter that the computer seems to be running on is the intel hd graphics 3000?? I went to the asus site and downloaded drivers for both the intel chipset and the nvida card. Afterwards, I tryed going into the bios to see if i can switch to the 610m but theres no option in the bios for switching display adaptors. Ok i thought ill just go into device manager and disable the intel hd 3000 and i did and rebooted afterwards. When it booted windows aero was not supported and video performance was horrendous even moving windows around caused lag! So i re-enabled the intel hd 3000 and all was fine again.. I downloaded and installed msi afterburner and it recognized the 610m and allowed me to overclock BUT.. under where it should tell you the driver version it was blank..

Now the part im most unhappy about is the performance of the "610m" (which appears to only work when the intel hd 3000 is enabled /: ). In counter strike source in the benchmark i got an average of 121 fps. On another machine (a 2.5 year old samsung r580 the core i5 version laptop) which uses the geforce 310m using the SAME settings on the benchmark it got an average of 154 fps!!!!

Im very frustrated at this point with the 610m. How is it that an older card (310m) outperforms it AND by 30ish fps! Personally i think its a driver issue as when the intel hd 3000 is disabled, windows aero is not supported and i can not play games they just crash ( well cs: source does). And the fact that when i start up msi afterburner its unable to tell me the driver version im on.

Heres a screencap of what msi afterburner looks like with no driver info:

post-46722-0-36023900-1330580941_thumb.j

Can anybody please help me?

EDIT: Yes ive tryed putting everything on the performance setting on the battery power options, the intel hd 3000 media control panel ( ugh i want the nvida to work), and the nvida control panel even though i feel like those settings do nothing at all.

Im also gonna add that yes the intel hd 3000 family graphics does work perfectly fine when i disable the 610m too.

Edited by slickmastajay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I know that feeling :D. I got my new laptop not too long ago (asus k55v i5 3210 geforce 610m 2gb) I can only say u need to get a cooling pad (best if it has 2 fans). Even if it doesn't help for your gaming purposes don't overclock CPU if u are depressed u can try overclocking the gpu it self. I have a friend who has a geforce 280m and it's oveclocked. It's doing very well for almost 2 years. But I say: get cooling pad, a can with compresed air ( u will need to get rid of the dust inside your pc somehow) and pot your laptop on a flat surface (not on a pillow or something). So overall this graphics card is good ( I'm playing crysis2 on it now and I get my 30 fps on medium settings) btw minimum fps for good gaming is around 18fps so if u think that u won't be able to play good games on lover fps than 121 u are mistaking ( I dont know if that is average fps in your country cuz I'm from lithuania:D). And if u still got a warranty just try to burn your laptops core and u will get a replacement :D.