LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Amilo 1554 + HD3470

petros13

Hello!

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi 1554.I want to replace the original graphic card, an ATI

Mobility Radeon x1900(cause died), with ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470. Is that possible? It will work properly?Thanks in advance!

It will work, however it's a huge step-down in performance in comparison to the X1900.

If you want the fastest compatible card available for this laptop, send me a personal message,

I have a few Nvidia 770M Quadro cards in store which I give away cheaply.

In fact, I've already sold two cards to Greece in the last month, and I could give you references, if you like,

so you can check my trustworthiness.

They are fully compatible, plug&play, come with an MXM bracket, and score around 6400 3DMark06 points

under XP, or somewhere around 6300 on Windows 7.

Pm me if you are interested.

• 1 month later...

@quipster

Hello

I habe problem

I have purchased 3650 and replaced with orig. when i turned on laptop it booted but after 5 secs laptop switched itself off

do you now why?

thnx

All sorted ;)

@quipster

Hello

I habe problem

I have purchased 3650 and replaced with orig. when i turned on laptop it booted but after 5 secs laptop switched itself off

do you now why?

thnx

i have the same problem, when i turn on the laptop after 4-5 secs is switching off , how you solve that problem?

(i'm using an ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470)

u need to properly file the heat sink and properly position thermal pads they MUST touch the heat sink

I successfully installed 3650 but now .. my laptop is too hot even am in desktop .. no game play

Not sure what to do now