LaptopVideo2Go Forums

dead 9800GT replacement for Clevo D901C

xenomeno

Hi all,

I have Sager NP9262 which used to be with 2x9800GT @ 512mb in SLI. Both of them were repaired once and then they died again. I have put out one of them and used the better one for 2 months but then it stopped working again. After some cleaning and cooling it somehow was able to work for 1 more week but now it's dead again. They are just too old - 4 years under heavy load. Sager are not having replacement for them and the only one I can find on ebay ... well, the guy does not respond on my messages. Same for http://www.mxm-upgrade.com.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find such card or better for replacement?

It appears to be MXM 2.1 HE Type III as seen on the screenshots I am attaching.

Thank you all

post-26757-0-47249200-1337022970_thumb.j

post-26757-0-88796900-1337023081_thumb.j

I have two 9800M GTX on my NP9262. They're working fine but getting old so I've got a brand new Alienware (heaven forbid) arriving tomorrow. After some backing-up I should be free to dispose of any and all parts on this old and trusty Sager. Are you currently in Bulgaria? I'm in the UK so it wouldn't cost too much to ship them over. Sounds interesting to you?

• 2 weeks later...

I have two 9800M GTX on my NP9262. They're working fine but getting old so I've got a brand new Alienware (heaven forbid) arriving tomorrow. After some backing-up I should be free to dispose of any and all parts on this old and trusty Sager. Are you currently in Bulgaria? I'm in the UK so it wouldn't cost too much to ship them over. Sounds interesting to you?

Yes, I'm in Bulgaria. I've already ordered one 9800GT from the States. When I test it maybe I'l try going back to SLI. How old are yours ?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply- I've been knee deep in exams. I have already got my new Alienware M18x-R2 which is awesome so any parts of my old Sager are up for grabs. I got the Sager in Dec 2008. It's been some time but as I said, the performance is as good as new.

Let me know if you want a little upgrade to GTX. I'm sure I can give you a better price than if you have to get it from the States. (And of course they won't cost anything like new ones.)

Edited by sponge_gto

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply- I've been knee deep in exams. I have already got my new Alienware M18x-R2 which is awesome so any parts of my old Sager are up for grabs. I got the Sager in Dec 2008. It's been some time but as I said, the performance is as good as new.

Let me know if you want a little upgrade to GTX. I'm sure I can give you a better price than if you have to get it from the States. (And of course they won't cost anything like new ones.)

Hello,

I have just received the video card from the states after paying some taxes to the customs and guess what - it does not work. I contacted the guy to send it back for refund. So now I'm wondering wether to try your GTX video if it will work with my Clevo ....

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have just received the video card from the states after paying some taxes to the customs and guess what - it does not work. I contacted the guy to send it back for refund. So now I'm wondering wether to try your GTX video if it will work with my Clevo ....

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your misfortunes. Seeing that my old laptop is also a Sager N9262, I think yours should be compatible with the GTX card. You could check with your reseller to see if any BIOS updates might be necessary (but I doubt so).

Having satisfied yourself that compatibility isn't an issue, may I suggest that you try one of my cards first? If it works and you're hungry for the second card I wouldn't mind getting rid of it too. I believe shipping should be cheap enough to ignore when dealing with small items like this.

Now kindly show me the webpage where you bought the ones that don't work so I know how much you had to pay. I'll of course be reasonable and take into consideration that I have already enjoyed my cards very much so the price should be good :)

By the way, if you hesitate to buy it off me, check with Sager to see if it's possible to buy and install a GTX 260M. I once read that the NP9262 can take the 260. You can get one on eBay for a much discounted price (sth like £79 + duties from Hong Kong or £117 incl. delivery from the UK). I tried looking for 9800 too but had no luck. The few 9800 cards on sale were not meant for Clevo machines..

• 3 months later...

By the way, if you hesitate to buy it off me, check with Sager to see if it's possible to buy and install a GTX 260M. I once read that the NP9262 can take the 260. You can get one on eBay for a much discounted price (sth like £79 + duties from Hong Kong or £117 incl. delivery from the UK). I tried looking for 9800 too but had no luck. The few 9800 cards on sale were not meant for Clevo machines..

I have a D901C and its getting old. I'm a photographer and lug it around. It is great for showing clients photos and blowing them away with "the 30 second pic-fix". Most people are so use to looking at low-rez garbage screens that decent color corrected one knocks 'em.

I'm interested in buying yours. I'd like to keep one or the other running as I don't want to spend big$$$ for something else.

Whats the condition and configuration. 1920x1200 screen and dual graphics cards necessary.

I saw them China GTX 260M too. I have heard they work outta the box in the D901C. I also found 2 China sites with the 6800 Looked like an exact match and as they make 'em in China will most likely run fine.

Let me know.