LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v304.79 Windows 8 64bit | NVIDIA OEM Mobile

mobilenvidia

Try this - I replaced the 675M with your card info.

Hi Zipper, thanks for the modded inf, Ive just installed it fine and will test further. I notice an extra feature that wasn't there before that is Powermizer battery settings to extend batter life. I appreciate your help.

Gotta love this mobile GPU, idles at 38-42C, maxes out from 55-72C and I was hitting frames of 55 - 60 fps in Black Ops and temps were still at 55-60C, varies a lot between games though.

Edit: Just noticed that my Brightness settings no longer work so I can't increase or decrease like I used to.

Edited by LaptopNut

Ok followup to my original posting...

Power option brightness slider moves, but screen brightness does not change.

FN brightness keys do not move power option sliders (probably missing driver from DELL).

I would agree with laptopnut that brightness settings are not working, but I believe we are using different cards.

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E9&SUBSYS_903F104D&REV_A1

coolguy16

FN brightness keys do not move power option sliders (probably missing driver from DELL).

I would agree with laptopnut that brightness settings are not working, but I believe we are using different cards.

I modded the nvcv.inf and everything is working fine now, including brightness settings. I don't see any entries in that file for your GPU though.

I modded the nvcv.inf and everything is working fine now, including brightness settings. I don't see any entries in that file for your GPU though.

There is no official support for my hardware and DELL hasn't released anything since the 17x series.

It is interesting that there are 2 inf files with 680M cards in them. There is only 1 inf with 1558.

there are 2 inf files with my 1028 in them. I will take a look at trying to mod the NVCT.INF and NVDM.INF so that one of those files support my 0298 1028. Then I might get brightness back like you did.

Edit 20120718 0943

All right based upon your experience I hacked the NVDM.INF so that a 019B.1028 base was used for my 0298 card. Now I have control over the brightness even through the FN keys. If I can understand the differences with the mod inf supplied by laptopvideo2go and my hack then I might be able to see why the display is not controlled properly. I do not like my current hack since it is based off a 8700M GT and I have a GO 7600 GS.

Thanks for the hint laptopnut!

Edited by longplaypg

There is no official support for my hardware and DELL hasn't released anything since the 17x series.

It is interesting that there are 2 inf files with 680M cards in them. There is only 1 inf with 1558.

there are 2 inf files with my 1028 in them. I will take a look at trying to mod the NVCT.INF and NVDM.INF so that one of those files support my 0298 1028. Then I might get brightness back like you did.

Edit 20120718 0943

All right based upon your experience I hacked the NVDM.INF so that a 019B.1028 base was used for my 0298 card. Now I have control over the brightness even through the FN keys. If I can understand the differences with the mod inf supplied by laptopvideo2go and my hack then I might be able to see why the display is not controlled properly. I do not like my current hack since it is based off a 8700M GT and I have a GO 7600 GS.

Thanks for the hint laptopnut!

These are the steps I took when I modded nbcv.inf if anyone else wants to try for their own card. Since there were already other GTX 680M's in the inf with a different Hardware ID, it was a lot easier. However, maybe it will still give someone more ideas.

This was my first time modding any .inf so it may not be perfect.

Nvidia 304.79 nvcv.inf editing method

Note: I noticed that some errors occurred due to the lack of a space after some entries after using Notepads 'search' and 'replace' function.

After editing has been completed, it is a good idea to search each string again to make sure they are all correct and lined up properly.

The following are the steps I took:

Using Notepad, open nvcv.inf from the 'Display.Driver' directory (I suggest you copy a backup of file elsewhere)

(Using the replace function)

Replace all occurences of DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_51051558 with DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_00001558 (You can replace any GTX 680M Dev ID code you wish)

Replace all occurences of %NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.5105.1558% with %NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0000.1558% <------ my Hardware ID, your one may differ.

Replace all occurences of NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.5105.1558 with NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0000.1558

• 2 weeks later...

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E9&SUBSYS_903F104D&REV_A1

coolguy16

Your GPU is not supported by my modded INF. I don't know how you used my modded INF to install the driver. I would make another modded INF soon.

Its not Dell's fault. This is nvidia's bug. This has happened to me before with the 8600mGT on my LG R500 after a certain driver (can't remember since it was so long ago). Then X drivers later, they fixed it. (I forgot how many drivers it took for them to fix it, but it took them a while to realize there was a bug).

I have the same problem now with my LG R590. It has a nvidia GT335m and all drivers had the brightness buttons/settings working until the 304.xx (304.48 and 304.79) drivers. The last one to work for me was 301.24. Even sliding the brightness slider in the power options doesn't change the brightness on the LCD. Like I said, I've been through this before, its a nvidia problem with the driver and certain (or all) cards.

Hopefully they fix it soon.

Edited by YG007

Modded INF for Sony Vaio FZ, AR, AW, CW and CS

Download the original driver and replace the INF in the Display.Driver folder with the attached modded INF.

Sorry for asking this but confused:

Is this for win7 x64 too?

Why didn't you check it yourself?

; Modded INF 304.79 BETA (64-bit) for Vaio (FZ,AR,AW,CW,CS) by Rajesh

; NVIDIA Windows Vista / 7 / 8 (64 bit) Display INF file

; Copyright © NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved.

Why didn't you check it yourself?

Because I did not know the information is writen in the .inf file. Thanks for the warning.

will this driver work with win7 64bit?

Yes, this driver works with Vista, Win 7, and Win 8.

Its not Dell's fault. This is nvidia's bug. This has happened to me before with the 8600mGT on my LG R500 after a certain driver (can't remember since it was so long ago). Then X drivers later, they fixed it. (I forgot how many drivers it took for them to fix it, but it took them a while to realize there was a bug).

I have the same problem now with my LG R590. It has a nvidia GT335m and all drivers had the brightness buttons/settings working until the 304.xx (304.48 and 304.79) drivers. The last one to work for me was 301.24. Even sliding the brightness slider in the power options doesn't change the brightness on the LCD. Like I said, I've been through this before, its a nvidia problem with the driver and certain (or all) cards.

Hopefully they fix it soon.

Go 7900GS (not supported by dell drivers greater 17x..., not supported by NVidia drivers greater 17x)

The INF here adds support back in my Go 7900GS, but I had troubles with the brightness didn't work.

I modified the NVDM.inf instead and based my card off the 8700M GT configurations since the GO 7900 GS is not supported by the driver officially. This got the brightness working just fine now. I still want to go back and try to understand the differences of the 8700M GT vs. the GO 7900 GS and make it safer for my video card. Windows 8 64bit is using the modified drivers and at least Diablo 3 can be played. This weekend I noticed some weird artifacts while playing which I need to confirm against in Windows 7. I have confirmed the basic clocking of the card is looking correct, but I wonder if there are a few features turned on that my card does not fully support :)

I wonder if in your case Nvidia is using the wrong subsys information. If you post your complete subsys I might be able to compare the 301.x driver that works for with the 304.x driver and see if I can spot if they just typed something incorrect that may fix you with a small inf change. At least I can see other 0CAF cards already present in the 304.x driver which makes it a little easier for me compare back to 301.x.

Attempting to use the driver on Windows 8 Release Preview, running via Boot Camp on a MacBook Pro with Retina Display (GeForce GT 650M).

The original NVIDIA drivers refuse to install (No compatible device found).

I tried the Windows 8 x64 drivers here (304.79) along with the modified INF, and that lets me get as far as the installation actually beginning, but the installer stops almost immediately as the progress bar appears, with an "Installation Failed" window.

Any ideas on how I get the drivers working?

• 2 weeks later...

Go 7900GS (not supported by dell drivers greater 17x..., not supported by NVidia drivers greater 17x)

The INF here adds support back in my Go 7900GS, but I had troubles with the brightness didn't work.

I modified the NVDM.inf instead and based my card off the 8700M GT configurations since the GO 7900 GS is not supported by the driver officially. This got the brightness working just fine now. I still want to go back and try to understand the differences of the 8700M GT vs. the GO 7900 GS and make it safer for my video card. Windows 8 64bit is using the modified drivers and at least Diablo 3 can be played. This weekend I noticed some weird artifacts while playing which I need to confirm against in Windows 7. I have confirmed the basic clocking of the card is looking correct, but I wonder if there are a few features turned on that my card does not fully support :)

I wonder if in your case Nvidia is using the wrong subsys information. If you post your complete subsys I might be able to compare the 301.x driver that works for with the 304.x driver and see if I can spot if they just typed something incorrect that may fix you with a small inf change. At least I can see other 0CAF cards already present in the 304.x driver which makes it a little easier for me compare back to 301.x.

Hi Longplaypg

I have the same card as you with the same problems with Win 8. Can you post a copy of your modified NVDM.inf or explain in detail how you modified it.

Thanks.

Sorry, I was away on vacation. I'll look for the complete subsys string when I get home tonight.

Hi,

I have a problem. Yesterday I installed Windows 8 64bit. My Laptop is Sony Vaio VGN-FZ3J. VGA is a 8600M GS.

Hardware ID is

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&SUBSYS_9005104D&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&SUBSYS_9005104D

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0425&CC_0300

I have tried: Modded INF for Sony Vaio FZ, AR, AW, CW and CS nvszc.zip and INF Modified.

All without success. The installation will just be aborted.

Edit: :dogpile: :cheer: its works. You must Disabling the driver signature enforcement ! and install.

Thanks a lot

Edited by Vaio Sonyo

• 2 months later...

hi there , i have problem with my sony CS325J laptop.i install windows 8 Enterprise x64 .after installing ,brightness is unavailable and i can't change it .

my graphic card is Nvidia 9300M GS and update with last version driver but brightness not available yet.

i try video driver for windows 7 x64 that download from sony support , in this case brightness changed but screen is very noisy when move between Start and Desktop and this is very awfully.after this , i am again install last driver , in this case brightness slider is available but not change brightness.

mention i check current driver and INF Modified and the other ways that i see there .

thanks for ur help . sorry because my bad ENG.