LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ASUS UL30/UL80/UL50 260.63 Driver Bundle compiled by NDMr

Namesdontmatter

This thead is the driver bundle needed to install Nautis Nvidia 260.63/Intel 2022 Driver and get it running in its most stable form on the UL30/50/80.

I'm definitely not trying to steal Nautis Awesome work, just repackaging it for all my ASUS UL30/50/80 brothers/sisters out their.

Whats included?

• Install Instructions
  • VGA Patch
  • Nautis HGMS_N26063_I2020_x64
  • DriverSigning and dseo13b
  • Latest Power4Gear Hybrid: Z121

Why Nvidia 260.63?

It's slightly older yes, but its arguably the most stable for the UL30/80/50. Pretty much everything seems to work. We can

Mirrors

Google Drive: LIVE!

Dropbox LIVE!

Depositfiles.com LIVE!

Mediafire.com LIVE!

Special Thanks to:

Nautis for Developing such a great hybrid switching driver

Install Instructions (Also Bundled in zip file):

System Prep:
Step 1: Disable Automatic Updates
1.) Start Button
2.) Type Windows Update In search bar
3.) Click Change Settings
4.) Choose 3rd Option Down "Check for Updates but let me choose whether to download and install them"

Step 2: Disable UAC
1.) Disable UAC [user Account Control] (Can usually be done by typing MSCONFIG in run and going to the Tools tab. You can re-enable it after installing the same way.)

Step 3: Remove All Nividia Driver & Power4GearHybrid

Step 4: Reboot

Now Time to Install:
Step 1: Extract the zip file to your desktop

Step 2: Run VGA_Patch(Removes Intel Drivers) from **Part1_VGA_Patch**
Click on the "silent" or "silent.bat" file to run the VGA Patch

Step 3: Install Nautis HGMS_N26063_I2020_x64 Driver from **Part2_HGMS_N26063_I2020_x64 Folder**
1.) Optional But reccomended to select Custom/Advanced Install
2.) And Check perform clean install (make sure all boxes are checked

Step 4: Reboot
When you reboot youll most likely be stuck at 800x600 or 1024x768, I recommend to switch to the highest resolution available to make it easier to sign the drivers.

Step 5: Driver Signing & Test Mode for Unofficial 64bit Drivers
2.) Run the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and choose "enable test mode" from the **Part3_DriverSigning_and_TestMode** Folder
3.) Reboot. (You should see Test Mode at the bottom right corner after reboot.)
4.) Run the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider again and choose "Sign a System File"
5.) In the box type "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys" and click ok (do not include the quotes.)
6.) Click "Sign a System File" again and this time put "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\igdkmd64.sys" (do not include the quotes.)
6.) Reboot and all should work.

Step 6: Install Power4Gear Hybrid from the **Part4_Power4Gear_Hybrid_WIN7_64_Z121** folder

Step 7: Enjoy awesome performance for your UL30/50/80

Also for Windows 8 Users:

Also for those of you upgrading to windows 8 with hybrid graphics. You will see that even though the drivers install fine, at boot they will be disabled. Because even after you install unsigned graphics after disabling the need to sign drivers, after a reboot they still need to be signed. To get around this you need to enable test mode PERMANENTLY. So heres how to do it:

To enable testmode (allowing permanent unsigned drivers you need to run command prompt as administrator: How to open command prompt in Windows 8 )

Force Test Mode:

To Turn it on in command prompt run:
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

To turn it off again, use these commands:
bcdedit -set loadoptions ENABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING OFF

https://laslow.net/2012/03/14/disable-driver-signature-enforcement-in-windows-8/

Drivers still work just perfectly! :D

Edited by Namesdontmatter

Heavily updates instructions (very detailed now), Re-uploading Files (for folder name changes)

Also just a hunch but I believe the VGA_Patch file could work for non ASUS computers, someone should give it a shot, would make uninstalling intel drivers easier for them. Might need to modify the batch, but never know whats possible?

Part1_VGA_Patch.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I confirm the 260.63 is the only driver release that works fine without any critical problem.

The only problem I have found is during a loooonng time (more than 1 minute) after a wake-up, the system is lagging a lot.

The lag is caused by the NVidia Driver Helper service. If you stop this service, there is no lag but also no access to the switch.

I don't know how to stop this lag after the wake-up.

This didn't work for me. I followed the instructions to the T, but when I run the driver instalation it simply states that the install has failed and provides no other information.

@Pita26: before uninstalling old drivers, make sure that you are in "performance mode" and running with the nVidia chipset.

You must have nVidia chipset enabled before installing this driver, and the only way I know for that is to set nVidia on before uninstalling old driver.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the instructions and it seems to work. Some comments: I think that part2/step4=reboot can be skipped. I did not uninstall previous nvidia drivers, the install setup takes care of that.

Now, when I switch between performance and battery saving I don't see any transition where the screen turns off for a second as before. So I wonder whether the nvidia card is turned off on battery saving mode. Is there a way to check that ?

Power4Gear does not turn on or off my nvidia card (G210M) anymore. I can turn it on or off with the nvidia hybrid power tray icon, see the transition, and confirm with a test of fps. It seems to be a problem with Power4Gear. Do you have any idea where to look at?

Might depend on the driver you are using - best to stick on Asus made drivers and the original inf, where the newest to support your hardware seems to be 290.47 http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/29178-v29047-windows-7vista-64bit-asus-mobile/

or 290.35 http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/29097-v29035-windows-7vista-64bit-asus-mobile/

• 3 weeks later...

Power4Gear does not turn on or off my nvidia card (G210M) anymore. I can turn it on or off with the nvidia hybrid power tray icon, see the transition, and confirm with a test of fps. It seems to be a problem with Power4Gear. Do you have any idea where to look at?

Yeah unfortunately it looks like power4gear can't control these drivers :( an unfortunate side effect to running the latest drivers we possibly can.

Hello

Can somebody please help med with my problem?, i've been trying all day to fix it, but still cant install the file.

I have a fresh install of windows 8 90 day trail 64 bit, and i dont have any drivers installed yet. When i try to install step 3 Step 3: Install Nautis HGMS_N26063_I2020_x64,

I just get the error "Install Failed"

How do i solve this problem?

Hello

Can somebody please help med with my problem?, i've been trying all day to fix it, but still cant install the file.

I have a fresh install of windows 8 90 day trail 64 bit, and i dont have any drivers installed yet. When i try to install step 3 Step3:InstallNautis HGMS_N26063_I2020_x64,

I just get the error "Install Failed"

How do i solve this problem?

I'd say try downloading it again or from a different mirror. Sounds like a file might be corrupt. Which mirror did you use?

I used the drobox mirror, but also just tried google drive, no difference

But what seems more strange is also the "official" asus driver, the old 186 (something), when i install that i works, but im not able to uninstall it again. It does not appear in the "uninstall a program".

Also the specific version of windows is:

Windows 8 Enterprise Evaluation build 9200

You can see what happens here, (im sorry for the shaky hand -.-, also the reason why i dont install the hd audio driver is just beacuse i like having sound untill i get the problem fixed, and it doesnt do any difference if i choose to install it, other than it uninstalls my audio driver i have right now.

Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4bnt4eaaceieohi/IMG_1422.MOV

And in this video, it is a new clean install of win 8, no official asus driver is installed.

Did not get the driver to work with windows 8, so i have now installed win 7 again, and it works

But there still it 1 thing, im not sure i have the intel driver 2022, how can i check what version i have installed?

Did not get the driver to work with windows 8, so i have now installed win 7 again, and it works

But there still it 1 thing, im not sure i have the intel driver 2022, how can i check what version i have installed?

A. For Windows 8: For windows 8 the major thing is to force it into test mode to run unsigned drivers:

To Turn it on in command prompt run:
bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

B. For Audio Issues: Also when you install HD audio you may then need to install the Realtek audio driver again.

You should be able to get that from the asus website for the UL50VT that would be here: http://support.asus....L50VT&p=3&s=211 But I believe the drivers the same for the UL30 and UL80

If you don't install hd audio I dont think audio will work via HDMI output.

C. Silent.Bat File/Uninstalling Intel Drivers: For the video I recommend right clicking on the silent.bat file and selecting to run as administrator, and this will almost surely uninstall the intel driver. For me I think the screen flashed black for a second once I did this.

D. To Check if it got installed correctly: Under windows 7 you should be able to check if both drivers are properly installed by:

Click on start Button --> Right Click on Computer --> Select Properties --> Device Manager

Now double click on Display adapters and you should see both of the following:

• Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family
  • Nvidia GeForce 210M

If both display without any kind of errors in device manager you know your allset.

I hope this helps :D

So you have to force testmode before you start installing?

As for the driver version of intel graphics, Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family doesnt sat what version that is installed.

• 2 months later...

Any way to make this work for Win7 x86 version?

EDIT

Just to clarify. I don't really care about a hybrid graphics, don't use it anyway. Just want to have a bit newer drivers than 3 year old I got -.-.

Thanks

Edited by epyon

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Until now, I was very happy with the Nvidia 260.63/Intel 2022 driver.

But now, I bought this stupid Doom 3 BFG (thanks steam sales), and this really old game was rewriten and requiere new driver: error is "X..WGL_EXT_swap_control_tear not found".

The solution on steam forum is to update the driver... yeeahh good idea hu ?

So, is there newer drivers that work fine on our lovely notebook (my UL30 still have 8+h battery) ?

I've already tried an optimus driver. The switch works sometimes, but the battery lenght 4h...

EDIT: Hum... forgive the message.

D3 works in full screen with +set r_fullscreen 3

Edited by Fuli10

• 1 month later...

Any way to make this work for Win7 x86 version?

EDIT

Just to clarify. I don't really care about a hybrid graphics, don't use it anyway. Just want to have a bit newer drivers than 3 year old I got -.-.

Thanks

Ditto for me... is there a 32bit version for the 260.63 Nautis driver?

Edit: Fixed my issues see this thread: http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/30194-asus-ul80vt-28548-win7-x32-driver-release/

Edited by Kreationz

• 5 weeks later...

Just attempted this on my UL80Vt-A1 without success (installation routine fails to install drivers and indicates failure). If this failure has to do with the nVidia processor not being seen as on or as primary, I am left wondering how exactly to install the new driver set after I've completely stripped the old drivers and am left with two caution-marked "Standard VGA" entries in Device Manager. Even with the nVidia graphics card enabled before uninstall/new install, the process of rebooting seems to cause Windows to default to the Intel card. I haven't tried the "Update Driver" from Device Manager for an existing installation of old hybrid driver; maybe that will allow a successful update? And even installing this new suite on top of my existing driver installation (19716_win7x64_AsusHG.exe) doesn't work because the first action of the new driver executable is to remove of the old drivers. Has anyone tried insinuating the new drivers into an existing and functional set of drivers using the "Have Disk" .inf method?

Also, a quick note. For those of us out there with Intel Hardware ID "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_1BC21043&REV_07" in our UL80Vts, the VGA Patch included in the package above fails to uninstall old the Intel drivers, as its batch file is keyed to Hardware ID "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2A42&SUBSYS_1AF21043&REV_07". So make sure to grab the "VGA Patch driver" offered on Asus' support page for the UL80Vt.

Edited by mnorris

• 1 month later...

The driver worked fine for my UL30VT with Windows 8. But after updating my system to Windows 8.1 the driver is no longer working. After installing, the device manager shows a warning "windows can't load driver ressources".

Moreover it's not possible to switch from discrete to internal video card. The only possibility is to deactivate the nvidia card in the device manager. Then the intel cards works fine, but the nvidia card isn't powered off completely - it still drains the battery.

Has someone already built a driver bundle for Windows 8.1?

Or does anyone know how to switch off the nvidia completely? Like you can do in linux with an acpi_call? I don't need the discrete card - but I need a longer battery life.

Everything worked except for signing the driver files. It all seems to work, but yet after reboot it is still unverified and I am stuck at the 1024 resolution still

bump for possible help or solution?

Are you trying to sign the driver under Windows 8 or Windows 8.1? With Win 8 I signed it successfully by enabling the test mode permanently (like explained in the first posts). Only with Win 8.1 the trick doesn't work any longer.

• 4 weeks later...