LaptopVideo2Go Forums

advice on updating Nvidia driver on HP dv9500 laptop or direct X?

trence5

Hi all.

I'm glad I found this place. I have a HP Pavilion dv9500 Notebook PC with a AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-58 1.90 GHz as the processor with 4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable) running Windows 7 32-bit Operating System.

I was trying to use some of the new 3D tools in Photoshop for a design project when I run into this problem.

According to my system the graphics powered by NVIDIA GeForce 7150M / nForce 630M. I saw where it was states the last update from HP was back in 2009. Now I've gonna to HP site but it said they don't have drivers for this card taylored toward Windows 7 and it stopped at Vista. Can I use the latest Vista driver with my current system? Or could I download the lates Direct X to help with my graphics problem?

Fellas aaaaannnny suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

You can use vista drivers as both win 7 and vista have the same basic arcitecture you just have to make sure its the same amount of bits 32 or 64. Since you say 32bit win 7 you need the vista 32 bit drivers.

P.S. It doesn't hurt to have Directx fully updated.

Edited by feigned-existence

• 3 months later...

I have the 7150m chip in my hp Pavilion dv9000. 259.47 with a modded inf from here works just fine on win 7 32 bit.