LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 304.79 - Modded

Dox

Whats New Since 195.62?

- improved installer - more lightweight

- updated d3d and ogl tweaks

- tweaks are for improved image quality rather than performance (performance should be slightly higher though)

- supports desktop and mobile devices

- supports Windows Vista / Windows 7 and Windows 8 x64 only

- drivers includes specific oem settings for notebook users as per the official nvidia driver

- no support for hybrid sli and hybrid graphics (Optimus graphics is still supported)

- international language support

Modded Driver vs Official

- more lightweight (driver package size is smaller)

- desktop and notebook support integrated into one driver file

- supports every known nvidia devices (incomming in future versions)

- improved image quality and performance

- no installation files left on system after installation

Notes / Limitations

- drivers are packaged in a frontend that extract files to temp folder which will run setup.

- extracted driver files will auto delete once setup is complete / cancel / after system reboot

- this release only supports devices supported in official release (future versions will support all known Nvidia devices)

- Phys X is removed to help reduce file size. Latest physX can be downloaded from nvidia's website.

- driver tweaks does not fix any bugs with the official drivers

- Driver only supports WIndows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 x64

- This modded driver will not provide the highest benchmark / 3D mark points but benifits in real games.

Download link

http://www.mediafire...x0c5vruqada6w90 - 143.65mb geforce304.79.1.exe

Win8 install failed fix:

http://www.mediafire...vbztsxmjjlxmmi- 143.65mb geforce304.79.2.exe

Hello Dox.

When you mention Hybrid Graphics not being supported, you're talking about the legacy IGP-GPU switchin tech, and not the recent Optimus tech, right? I ask this as I do have a GT 555M as the render device, while an Intel HD 3000 takes care of the image output, but due to Optimus' nature, driver updates can be made independently and require no custom drivers of any kind, which is a significant improvement over past techs, which did require a custom combo driver package with both Nvidia and Intel drivers all together.

yep i mean hyrbid graphics and hybrid sli - optimus is supported out of the box.

MapGL failed to activate under google Chrome with this mod installed.

...revert back to official beta produce same result

Edited by Joey Liu

wow almost 700 downloads according to mediafire.

I'm gonna go back to being a herimt until the next modded geforce is released.

Will check this thread once in a while.

cheers all.

Why i cant use this with a Nvidia 230m GT?

Why i cant use this with a Nvidia 230m GT?

Please refer to the bold topic in "Notes / Limitations".

Thank you DOX :)

Would love to have it modded for Vaio Fz440e Win7 x64 :( (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0426&SUBSYS_9005104D)

Please somebody make a nvscz.inf

Regards

Edited by testlaptop2go

One more thing about your fixed v2 driver:

You forgot about add nv_disp.cat file from original 304.79 version, to into folder your modded driver ^^

yep. But it wouldnt make a difference whether it would install or not.

It was related to nvidia control panel failing to install.

the .cat file has nothing to do with it. Its all about nvidia's setup file checks which i had to modify to allow desktop and mobile support in one package,

If you get install failure eventhough you passed a compatibility check during setup it could mean one of the files was currupted during download or setup.exe failing to initiate nvidia's control panel installation.

Even if you get an install failure error message you could still install the driver via device manager and have disk method but the control panel would not install.

So in short the fixed v2 driver didnt include the cat file but still rereferenced to it in the .inf - it was the way i modified the installation install check to ensure control panel got installed.

Placing the .cat file in the display.package folder would make no difference because the file would be ignored amway - due to the mod I made to the installation checker.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Dox,

I currently have the latest NVidia Drivers for my Asus laptop with a GTS 360m. Is this video card likely to be supported / if I want to try your drivers, how do I switch yours with the Nvidia ones?

Your back?! Almost jumped out of my chair when I saw your modded drivers. :D

Glad to see you back in action, will test these out ASAP.