LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 305.68 - Modded

Dox

Whats New Since 304.79 - Modded?

- fixed typos in gui.

- supports all known nvidia devices (mobile and desktop).

- removed some image quality hacks to gain performance for direct X and open GL.

- removed W format tweaks.

- left in direct X Z and blitting optimisations.

- left in openGL image quality tweaks.

- notebook users does not have oem specific tweaks this time round (only modded official verde drivers will have this).

Modded 305.68 vs Official 305.68

- more lightweight (driver package size is smaller).

- desktop and notebook support integrated into one driver file.

- supports every known nvidia devices (mobile and desktop).

- improved image quality - same performance.

- no installation files left on system after installation.

- fixed issue with certain desktop cards not downclocking in 2D mode?

- added unofficial support for Windows 8 - will this install on windows 8?

- added unofficial support for mobile optimus devices.

Optimus users - this may or may not work 100%. Original 305.68 never had Optimus in it. Try it and let me know. If it doesn't work then stick with 304.79 modded.

Notes / Limitations

- drivers are packaged in a frontend that extract files to temp folder which will run setup.

- extracted driver files will auto delete once setup is complete / canceled / after system reboot.

- Phys X is removed to help reduce file size. Latest physX can be downloaded from nvidia's website.

- Nvidia update is removed (in non optimus version)

- driver tweaks does not fix any bugs with the official drivers.

- Driver only supports WIndows Vista x64 / Windows 7 x64 / Windows 8 x64.

- This modded driver will not provide the highest benchmark / 3D mark points but benifits in real games.

Download Link 305.68.3 (non Optimus Graphics Support)

geforce305.68.3.exe - LV2GO Server (145mb)

Mediafire Mirror

Download Link 305.68.4c (Optimus Graphics Support)

geforce305.68.4c-modded.exe - Mediafire (147mb)

Release Notes

So you will just be adding the missing IDs that don't already have their own OEM inf?

Thanks DOX. can't wait :)

(Vaio fz440e)

Does PowerMizer function on this driver?

@Dox

305.68 - Setup failed. Windows 8 Enterprise RTM:

2 reasons. I tell you..

First:

line in all .inf files:

CatalogFile = NV_DISP.CAT

Second: nv.disp.cat file from original drivers!

WITHOUT THIS NO CHANCES TO INSTALL ON WINDOWS 8. Thanks for attention.

Thanks noted for next time. Doesnt make sense about the cat file.

Anyother windows 8 users with this weird problem?

Just restart in Advanced Startup mode, disable driver signature enforcement and install as administrator, works for me (Windows 8 x64 here)

Support has been removed for the 680M :(

got it: 11A0

will have to add this for future driver.

Does it take a lot of work to add it to the inf? Any chance you could upload one for 680M users separately. We have not had a stable driver since launch :(

already done it about half hour ago.

will make the link public

Dox, I used to use your old driver releases a lot on my MacBook Pro. Would you recommend installing these drivers on a desktop with two GTX 480s in SLI or are they more targeted towards mobile GPUs? Also, what "improved image quality" could I expect? Thanks!

Hi, this driver release would be good for desktop and mobile users.

BTW i test these releases on my own GTX680.

The drivers has been modded in such a way as notbook and desktop settings dont mix.

However for this driver I would say its more geared towards desktop users given the original 305.68 was released to support the GTX660Ti

Thanks for the quick response! What specifically are the image quality improvements that you have made over the official drivers?

I disabled the nvidia optimisations by default.

I also set texture filerting to 'clamp' by default

and texture filteirng to 'High Quality' by default when you install the driver. (Of course you can change this back to Nvidia's default).

In addition to this I tweaked the level of detail to be the optimum to try and reduce texture shimmering. It helps to have anisotropic filtering on in games for this to work.

If anisotropic filtering is off in games - then I force on trilinear filtering where bilinear filerting would be used instead.

This reduces performance slghtly. However i try and offset this enabling driect x and open gl api optimisations. You can use what ever control panel IQ you like it wouldnt affect what i do to the drivers.

Thats some of it :P

In the future i plan to make ship the drivers with better SLI support and AA support for games via the nvidia profiles. Basically the drivers will come with custom game profiles.

However I dont have SLI. It would be alot of work to tweak everygame profile as well.

Hello Dox.

Just wondering..I generally uninstall old version before installing a new driver. Do we have to uninstall old drivers before installing yours?

Yes i would recommend yiu do. You don't have to clean install though i.e boot into safe mode and run driver cleaner

Yes i would recommend yiu do. You don't have to clean install though i.e boot into safe mode and run driver cleaner

Thank you.I will try this version on my vaio notebook,8400m gt.

Those first few items are how I always set those options in the control panel. I prefer better image quality over performance when I set things up. Is there any reason that you wouldn't want trilinear filtering on, even when anisotropic filtering is also enabled?

Hello Dox,

Unfortunately,driver installation has failed :(

It passed system compatibility and then it said driver failed.

(Vaio fz440e,win7 x64)

Well with version 2 while it installs on the 680M (with optimus) it never actually uses the 680M, no matter if I say use the 680M for everything or if I individually choose programs.