LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 305.68 - Modded - Optimus Support

Dox

Last revision to this driver. Thanks for those who tested and reported back.

- Added unofficial support for Optimus graphics for mobile devices only

(no changes to desktop settings - fixes to mobile devices doesnt affect desktop devices in anyway)

version 304.68.4c

- Fixed installer failing due to added optimus support

- Fixed issue with a small number of mobile cards installing with desktop settings

- Fixed issue with gpu not switching to Nvidia device

Download Link

geforce305.68.4c-modded.exe - Mediafire (147mb)

Any issues is related optimus is the fault of the driver code and is something i cannot fix.

As it is now optimus will install and gpu will switch between intel and nvidia. Try it and post feedback.

Hey man, if Nvidia responded as fast as you do to these issues then there would be no need for this site lol.

Optimus problems are still there, control panel says not connected to an nvidia gpu D:

Hey Blast From The Past, :victory:

I have now tried the first modded and number 4 with Optimus Support. I have had no luck unfortunately installing. I have tried both "Express" and "Custom" to no avail.

I am just about to try Number 3, I will let you know if it installs.

Just wondering if there is any chance that you could supply the modded driver + Inf file seperately without an installer/deleter.

I have tried to extract the file also to avail, so I can at least install the driver the old school way seeing I have had no luck with the installers.

Thank you for all your hard and expedited work. :clapper:

Nowhr.

Update:

Just Installed the Modded version 3 driver all installed ok Thank you. I have yet to restart and enable SLI if I have any issues will let you know.

Thanks again. :clapper:

Yep version 3 will install version with Optimus is borked. Modding driver is no easy :(. I'm working with a member to fix this. Optimus will work or I'm disappointed in myself.....

Thanks for the work.

But I have an hybrid sli laptop.

Any chance to have a modded driver for my sistem and for hybrid sli users?

Thank!

Yep version 3 will install version with Optimus is borked. Modding driver is no easy :(. I'm working with a member to fix this. Optimus will work or I'm disappointed in myself.....

If I run out of inbox quota btw I'll be happy to send you my email :)

Just a short update:

Hey Blast From The Past, :victory:

I have now tried the first modded and number 4 with Optimus Support. I have had no luck unfortunately installing. I have tried both "Express" and "Custom" to no avail.

I am just about to try Number 3, I will let you know if it installs.

Just wondering if there is any chance that you could supply the modded driver + Inf file seperately without an installer/deleter.

I have tried to extract the file also to avail, so I can at least install the driver the old school way seeing I have had no luck with the installers.

Thank you for all your hard and expedited work. :clapper:

Nowhr.

Update:

Just Installed the Modded version 3 driver all installed ok Thank you. I have yet to restart and enable SLI if I have any issues will let you know.

Thanks again. :clapper:

All seems ok. Im still pretty disappointed with the SLI 580's performance though. (not extreme settings, high with other stuff turned off) I guess that will hopefully improve when Nvidia get there stuff together and update there drivers more for Sleeping Dogs.

Anyway

Thankyou again.

Revised 305.68.4 will be released Monday / Tuesday. Jack32x will be testing private builds for me to test Optimus support. This release has been embarrassing for me in terms of notebook issues. Hopefully next modded driver from me will have less dramas and require no revisions when I release modded versions. Good thing about this release is that I learnt a lot :) a man who never makes a mistake is a man who never tries anything new or push boundaries ;) the 305.68 has been fully modded and I'm quite proud of that. Now just need to get Optimus working.

You're quite right Dox :) Mistakes often have a lot to teach.

If you would benefit from having more testers with Optimus-enabled systems, do let me know. I'm currently running a HD 3000 IGP (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0126&SUBSYS_15001558) paired with a GT 555M GPU (PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0DCE&SUBSYS_15001558).

I was away for a week, and only got up to date on driver news, having seen your latest modded drivers, having then read this latest thread, so I'm definitely curious to try 305.68.4 and test whether installation is successful or not, as well as testing both stability and performance.

Currently running Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Revised 305.68.4 will be released Monday / Tuesday. Jack32x will be testing private builds for me to test Optimus support. This release has been embarrassing for me in terms of notebook issues. Hopefully next modded driver from me will have less dramas and require no revisions when I release modded versions. Good thing about this release is that I learnt a lot :) a man who never makes a mistake is a man who never tries anything new or push boundaries ;) the 305.68 has been fully modded and I'm quite proud of that. Now just need to get Optimus working.

Nothing to be embarrassed about sir. Proud to be of help to a talented person such as yourself

ok heres a little update. One of the testers have come back and say install can be finished but dedicated GPU cannot be enabled.

However after a little head scratching I may have figured out why.

Will give them new version soon.

Hey, I'll do some testing if you still need beta guinea pigs. I don't necessarily need my UL30VT-A1 to be gaming ready all the time so if a driver screws it up I won't care that much. I was going to offer this sooner but I struggled to get an account created on this site. Thanks for your work on these awesome drivers Dox, I can't tell you how glad I am to have the 302.59 driver running on my aging laptop.

thanks for the offer. I prefer to have beta testers that are regular to the forums. I have three at the moment as and when I send them private builds.

I can honestly say I'll probably never be regular here as I spend most of my forum time over at notebookreview. But I'll keep checking in once in a while for new drivers. Thanks again

I made version 4c public. Thank you for all the testing from the guys (you know who you are).

Any issues is related optimus is the fault of the driver code and is something i cannot fix.

As it is now optimus will install and gpu will switch between intel and nvidia. Try it and post feedback.

I'm going to be inactive on the forums until the next driver release.

So see you guys then.

i have an asus a55vm laptop with 2gb geforce gt-630m. tried to install this driver but always failed. my os is windows 8 enterprise rtm build 9200.

Edited by cnn888

Has anyone tested battery life with this driver under win 8? I am looking for a (combination of) driver(s) that bring back the ~15% battery life I lost by upgrading to win8 (that was the case with 302.80).

I can also imagine that the intel igp driver is the problem... is there a way to downclock it? (hd 3000).

cnn888: try to disable driver signing via settings->advanced startup.

Edited by t72killer

Has anyone tested battery life with this driver under win 8? I am looking for a (combination of) driver(s) that bring back the ~15% battery life I lost by upgrading to win8 (that was the case with 302.80).

I can also imagine that the intel igp driver is the problem... is there a way to downclock it? (hd 3000).

cnn888: try to disable driver signing via settings->advanced startup.

thanks, that solves it. i can install the driver, but now i am wondering about the nvidia 3d vision thingy. what does it do actually??

it didnt work it wont need to setup drivers

Have u tried to disable driver signing??

cnn888: its off-topic, see here: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-main.html

Any news regarding battery life under win 8?

Edited by t72killer

Have u tried to disable driver signing??

cnn888: its off-topic, see here: http://www.nvidia.co...ision-main.html

Any news regarding battery life under win 8?

thanks for the info.

funny, my battery life seems to be unaffected. check your battery health by battmon or battery bar. my other laptop suffers this problem after installing windows 8 release preview. now the battery health is only 50% for only after 1 year usage. sorry to say but that windows broke my battery.