LaptopVideo2Go Forums

have to get a new laptop but need "Video overlay/theater mode/video mirroring", need help please

enettrek

I've been using the HP DV6xxx series laptops for a while now. I did have the 6809wm that had the X2 2Ghz CPU NVidia 7150 graphics but about 15 months ago the system board crashed... I replaced it with a similiar computer with slightly different model info but was slower with a 1.8 or 1.9 Ghz cpu for roughly $225 as it was cheaper to do that then get a new board and spend so much time on putting it in when I could buy one used at a pawn shop, do a hard drive swap to be done.

Another reason is I have so much data and I need to keep the os without changing too much. I have windows xp pro and need to continue to have one of it's features lost (video overlay/video mirroring) would be too much to give up. I have stayed with this one til just recently I was wanting a change as this one is alot slower compared to the 2ghz one. Just this morning though I was in a vehicle accident and my screen has been cracked so it's caused me to look for a replacement screen or just replace the whole computer again. Trying to find one of these last year was hard but this year I can't seem to find one locally.

I heard the ATI GPU drivers still has "Theater mode" a feature in windows 7 but I'd like to know for sure before spending money on a new laptop with ATI... Any thoughts ? If I have to buy a new one just to downgrade back to XP I need to know before hand so I know if drivers are compatible with xp 64bit as I am not going back to 32bit unless I have to.

Also if anyone has any laptops they'd like to throw in as suggestions to my video mirroring/theater mode I'm all ears.