LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 306.02 - Modded

Dox

Really good driver as always Dox.. Thanks. It's a shame you are off again but was good to have you back..

Edited by hvieira

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dox

• tribaljet

• godjonas

• bugmenot

Having trouble with graphics driver failing on my Dell M1730 with SLI 9800M GTX. Fresh copy of Windows 8 Pro x64. Tried running as admin, express, custom (clean), removing Windows device driver. There are errors in the event log which I can post if it would be helpful.

Having trouble with graphics driver failing on my Dell M1730 with SLI 9800M GTX. Fresh copy of Windows 8 Pro x64. Tried running as admin, express, custom (clean), removing Windows device driver. There are errors in the event log which I can post if it would be helpful.

If it's the installation what's failing just search the forum because it's said in many places that you need to disable driver signing with windows 8.

Getting crashes in BF3 with this v2 version. :(

I have a Dell 680m with Optimus.

Dox, It's good to see you back... Nice drivers...

I can't play 1080p in Source games with official drivers, but with this one I can. But 306.02 is not good for BF3, I'will try 304.79 too. It was fantastic in BF3.

Dam your leaving at least i got this driver should hold me over

Dox quick question though say I need to upgrade driver at some point

Can i just use the same hex vaues in SLI compatibility bits(nvidia inspector)

For games like BF3 to get SLI performance back that these drivers gave me per game?

Edited by bugmenot

Dox, It's good to see you back... Nice drivers...

I can't play 1080p in Source games with official drivers, but with this one I can. But 306.02 is not good for BF3, I'will try 304.79 too. It was fantastic in BF3.

Getting crashes in BF3 with this v2 version. :(

I have a Dell 680m with Optimus.

Does it crash with official driver?

I had no crashes with GTX680 with this. I found that BF3 crashes to desktop if OC CPU was too high/unstable. Or my GFX OC was too high.

Dam your leaving at least i got this driver should hold me over

Dox quick question though say I need to upgrade driver at some point

Can i just use the same hex vaues in SLI compatibility bits(nvidia inspector)

For games like BF3 to get SLI performance back that these drivers gave me per game?

yes.

Well I installed 304.79 version of yours and it's quite good. Source based games shines with your release. BF3 also runs very well as I said before :D.

But I have a strange bug with these I guess, whenever I mute my system, the OSD notifications of muting minimizes my game... It takes me to the desktop.

Ok, I give up, these drivers are fantastic in all games fps wise, the only problem is they crash my BF3 every 5 min. I am forced to try 304.79.

I mainly play BF3, GW2 and CS:GO, so even though I might take a fps kick, I'll stick with the one that are the more stable.

@Dox - I have no OC at the CPU, the GPU crashes with or withouth OC. I tried running the game on the intel card, no crashes there, so there must be the drivers. Will let you know anyway.

PS: I will personally miss you, damn those AMD got you changing sides! /joke

mi3x thanks for the feedback. Weird about BF3. When it crashes does window give you an error which points to nvxxx.dll?

Dont worry I'll be back. I'm getting to grips with AMD drivers at the moment.... as and when i get 'bored' i'll be back modding Nvidia.

Nvidia's driver is more elegant than AMDs tbh.

Hi there again Dox

I've followed your tip and installed the 306.02 drivers, but still, I continue without any possibility of enable the SLI... What's wrong by the way?

One more time I ask for your help... :cry1:

Hi unfortunately Nvidia / Toshiba did not offically support yout notebook in 306.02. I only added support for your 9800MGTS but cannot fix issue with SLI not working. Please stick to official drivers from Toshiba.

Hi unfortunately Nvidia / Toshiba did not offically support yout notebook in 306.02. I only added support for your 9800MGTS but cannot fix issue with SLI not working. Please stick to official drivers from Toshiba.

Thank you very much for the help Dox.

Could you please tell me one last thing? Do you know which are the latest drivers (official or modded, it doesn't matter) that still supports the SLI in order I get them installed?

Many thanks once more :lv2go_rulz:

Edited by godjonas

check on toshiba website and find your notebook - should have latest drivers there.

check on toshiba website and find your notebook - should have latest drivers there.

I've already checked it out right now, and this is what I got!

Hi i just checked the files 306.02. It does support your 9800MGTS out of the box.

Note sure why my modded version is not working for you.

Is your laptop hybrid SLI?

Is your laptop hybrid SLI?

yes, it is...

Oh thats whay its not working....

Nvidia removed official hybrid SLI support.

I suggest you try this version:

use modded inf with it.

I past modded releases I enabled hybrid SLI but removed it since 304.79.

OK, I'll give it a try on that you suggested... But I noticed they are for W8, and I'm using W7, it won't cause any problem here on my PC?

Thanks!

EDIT: You said "I enabled hybrid SLI but removed it since 304.79"

Is there some driver version before this one where the Hybrid SLI has still support? If there is, I'll would like to try that one too...

Edited by godjonas

nvidia combined win7 and win8 in same package so should be fine.

My last modded driver with hybrid SLI support:

mi3x thanks for the feedback. Weird about BF3. When it crashes does window give you an error which points to nvxxx.dll?

Dont worry I'll be back. I'm getting to grips with AMD drivers at the moment.... as and when i get 'bored' i'll be back modding Nvidia.

Nvidia's driver is more elegant than AMDs tbh.

The crashes would freeze my game and I could only alt ctrl del it... when I open task manager I have the screen with the error (BF3 stopped responding, then if I click on details it points to the nvxxx.dll).

I would crash every 5, max 10 min. Now after I reverted to 304, I ran it for straight 5 hours without issue, ( I was so happy I could play, that I turn my laptop off at 7 AM, realizing it's morning and I needed to be at work at 10am) only thing is, it exits with a crash. I quit it fine, but afterwards, on the desktop it pops the BF3 stopped responding screen. That does not bother me at all as long as it lets me play!

To be honest, I also had a feeing nVidia is the more elegant of the two :)))

Ok then, looking forward to your coming back then... don't let us wait too much! Your work has always been very appreciated! And to be honest, since 2007 I always come to this forum every now and then to see what Dox has been up to lately in the nvidia section. Not a fan of nVidia myself, just that it only once happen to own an amd card, and I remember it being buggy. :P

Dox i checked sli bits dx11 and compaired the rest of settings threw inspector for bf3 its the same as nvidia so must be somthing else you did with driver becasue your still much better with SLI

Edited by bugmenot

SLI is better because sometimes Nvidia's installer for the driver settings database doesnt get applied properly during installation. The drivers have been modded so it does.

I dont put that in release notes since I didnt know how useful the mod I did to how the driver gets installed would really affect things.