LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 306.02 - Modded

Dox

Modded 306.02 vs Official 306.02

- more lightweight (driver package size is smaller) - files are expanded to gain better compression.

- desktop and notebook support integrated into one driver file.

- supports every known nvidia devices (mobile and desktop).

- set Texture filtering to 'clamp' and 'high quality' by default.

- added custom compatibility bits for improved SLI performance and better MSAA in select games - view SLI and MSAA bits.

- no installation files left on system after installation.

- added unofficial support for all known devices that are not supported in official release (including Optimus).

Notes / Limitations

- Drivers are packaged in a frontend that extract files to temp folder which will run setup automatically.

- Extracted driver files will auto delete once setup is complete / canceled / after system reboot.

- Phys X is removed to help reduce file size. Latest physX can be downloaded from nvidia's website.

- Added Direct X blitting, culling, mipmaps optimisations.

- Driver tweaks does not fix any bugs with the official drivers.

- Driver only supports WIndows Vista x64 / Windows 7 x64 / Windows 8 x64.

- If you click 'Restore Default' in the Nvidia Control Panel it will remove custom SLI and MSAA (Direct X optimisations remain).

Download 306.02.2-modded

geforce306.02.2-modded.exe - LV2GO Server (147mb)

Mediafire Mirror

You can find older modded drivers in the forums

drivers keep failing to install ony myne 2x GTX280M while 301.42 installs just fine

provided drivers by mobilenvidia worked great for me :P

same for me, same hardware as Matthew I guess.

same for me, same hardware as Matthew I guess.

use the one which mobilenvidia posted :)

drivers keep failing to install ony myne 2x GTX280M while 301.42 installs just fine

Even if you disable driver signing?

P.S.: good job Dox, keep the good Optimus drivers coming:)

I figured out why driver is installing for some notebook and not others :).

Its to do with Optimus support for non officially supported devices in official driver.

Fixed now. Will upload later

Thanks for fixing the issue.

A general question:

Before installing 305.68, I've uninstalled previous driver version and refresh system rating (Values related to graphic drivers decreased drammatically as expected). After installing your modded driver 305.68, "Desktop performance for Windows Aero" dropped from 5.4 to 5.3 comparing with previously installed driver.

I tried several drivers including my previous ones (304.79 or Dox 195.62), never get 5.4 value again. Is it something with windows? (Maybe updated system rating functions?) Or something else with the drivers?

Don't waste your time.

uploaded version 2 to server. Fixed issue with installer failing for notebook devices that are not supported in the official 306.02 driver.

did it work for you t72killer?

I'll test the new version today/tomorrow evening as time allows! I check if there is a new driver on the igp-side (hd 3k) of the deal. I read on many forums, that optimus is not perfect under win 8 (e.g. people reporting that ie10 is using the nvidia gpu for acceleration while browsing).

Edited by t72killer

the 2nd version Installed fine for me after a second try (first one crashed and the pc froze for some reason... hard reboot was needed). I chose clean installation for the first try but not for the 2nd, no idea if this is a factor.

No problems for me - but the predecessor was clearly better benchmarker.

Drivers works perfectly on 8600M GT and GT555M. But on my desktop my WEI score dropped from 7.9 to 6.0 when using my GTX 580 (OC)

Does BF3 still crash like they did with the official ones?

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance of enabling full Optimus for the GTX 670?

I have one installed in my Alienware X51 that also has an Intel HD and uses Optimus. However, after install this modded driver or any other I'm left with only partial Optimus support. The nVidia Control Panel allows me to choose the default GPU, assign a specific GPU per profile and to enable the "Run with graphics processor" context menu, but that latter part does not actually do this.

In my own attempts to fix a driver I discovered it needs to set some registry entries and also copy a DLL to the system, OptimusExt.dll (from the driver folder Display.Optimus), but I couldn't get it either set the registry up or even copy the DLL. I tried looking through Dell's own OEM driver for their new 660Ti card offered now with new X51s, but I was still none the wiser.

Maybe someone with better knowledge of how the driver packages work can help?