LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Geforce 640M LE 2gigs of Graphics memory

kitfo

windows 7 x64 bit

so i spent like 1500$ on this laptop with 12 gigs of ram and all this fancy stuff and i got guild wars2 and i can't run it well on high settings and now i feel like i got ripped off

so i've been looking for a driver on this but nothings compatible i was wondering if theres anything that would work ? or am i blind?

"The NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE is a mid-range, DirectX 11.1 compatible graphics card that was announced in the first quarter of 2012 for thin-and-light-laptops. It is a Kepler-based GPU built on the GK107 architecture and is manufactured in 28nm at TSMC. The graphics card uses a 128-Bit wide memory interface with DDR3-VRAM. A slower core clock of only 500 MHz differs the LE-model from a normal GT 640M

Due to a clock speed of just 500 MHz, the gaming performance of the GeForce GT 640M LE should be about 20 percent below the 640M. This would be the same level as the GT 635M or the GT 555M. The performance is exceptionally good in shader-heavy DirectX 11 games and benchmarks. However, the 128-Bit memory interface can be a bottleneck if DDR3 graphics memory is used. Demanding games of 2011 like Battlefield 3 will be playable in 1366x768 and medium settings"

So don't expect too much, my 3 years old GTX 260M is about as fast...

ouch that sucks...well is there any pc drive here thats compatible i could use to upgrade it ?