LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v306.23 Windows 8 64bit | NVIDIA OEM Mobile

mobilenvidia

Then again, may I ask why don't you use LV2G modified inf?

I ALWAYS use the LV2G modified INF... A-L-W-A-Y-S

I posted this in a post on the other page, but here it is again:

https://www.dropbox....idiaCompare.png

On the left is what I see using the modified inf provided with ANY AND ALL driver versions I get from here EXCEPT the NVIDIA OEM Mobile download which is shown on the right (of course with the modified inf).

I always get the SHORT list with the NVIDIA OEM Mobile + Modified INF and I always get the complete LONG list with *Insert any/all Driver name except NVIDIA OEM Mobile here* + Modified INF

EDIT: I just spent the last hour, unpacking, testing every single 3xx release for Windows 7/8 x64, I can now confirm 100% that I only get that SHORT list with NVIDIA OEM Mobile + Modified INF, with the Dell/Lenovo/NVIDIA/Toshiba/ASUS/QUADRO/Gigabite + Modified INF I get the LONG list w/o issue. This problem is specificly related to the use of the NVIDIA OEM Mobile release + Modified INF, which is why I will wait for the Desktop version + Modified INF to be released before I do the upgrade I was planning on doing (will donate to LV2G when I can... thats alot of B/W usage just to prove a point...)

Edited by Hammerfest

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hammerfest

• Beyond

• longplaypg

• coolguy16

I ALWAYS use the LV2G modified INF... A-L-W-A-Y-S

I posted this in a post on the other page, but here it is again:

On the left is what I see using the modified inf provided with ANY AND ALL driver versions I get from here EXCEPT the NVIDIA OEM Mobile download which is shown on the right (of course with the modified inf).

I always get the SHORT list with the NVIDIA OEM Mobile + Modified INF and I always get the complete LONG list with *Insert any/all Driver name except NVIDIA OEM Mobile here* + Modified INF

EDIT: I just spent the last hour, unpacking, testing every single 3xx release for Windows 7/8 x64, I can now confirm 100% that I only get that SHORT list with NVIDIA OEM Mobile + Modified INF, with the Dell/Lenovo/NVIDIA/Toshiba/ASUS/QUADRO/Gigabite + Modified INF I get the LONG list w/o issue. This problem is specificly related to the use of the NVIDIA OEM Mobile release + Modified INF, which is why I will wait for the Desktop version + Modified INF to be released before I do the upgrade I was planning on doing (will donate to LV2G when I can... thats alot of B/W usage just to prove a point...)

I figured out what your problem is. If you used the desktop version + modified inf from here like I said once it would work, I'll explain why. Your card is already in the notebook driver inf from nvidia so even if you use modded inf the installer will pick the oem one because either it has the subsys and modded doesn't or it's because it's detect first that idk how it works and in the desktop driver your card is not listed I suppose. Anyway to fix that you can choose 1 of 3 options.

1 - Find your card ID in the oem infs and delete it (there are 3 of them, delete according to your OS, if you don't know how just delete the 3 of them it's the same)

2 - Find your card ID and add the line "NVSupportNview = 1" like coolguy said

3 - Install the desktop driver from nvidia site using LV2G modded inf

I figured out what your problem is. If you used the desktop version + modified inf from here like I said once it would work, I'll explain why. Your card is already in the notebook driver inf from nvidia so even if you use modded inf the installer will pick the oem one because either it has the subsys and modded doesn't or it's because it's detect first that idk how it works and in the desktop driver your card is not listed I suppose. Anyway to fix that you can choose 1 of 3 options.

1 - Find your card ID in the oem infs and delete it (there are 3 of them, delete according to your OS, if you don't know how just delete the 3 of them it's the same)

2 - Find your card ID and add the line "NVSupportNview = 1" like coolguy said

3 - Install the desktop driver from nvidia site using LV2G modded inf

1: Ill have to lookup the .inf files specificly, Im not aware of their names, just that they dont matter when it comes to a Modified INF (EDIT: removed the ones I found with relating dev/subsys info, still didnt work)

2: Tried, my card wasnt there, and every section had that entry set to 1, so I couldnt change anything anyway, I tried adding my card info and no change occured

3: Tried, doesnt work... compatible graphics hardware missing (yes I removed the other .inf's)

Beyond: I thank you for your attemt at helping, Im just going to wait for the desktop version with modified INF, hopefully mobilenvidia will get it sometime this week.

Desktop drivers download: http://us.download.n...nglish-whql.exe

Edited by Hammerfest

Modded INF for Vaio models FZ, AR, AW, CW and CS

Download the original driver and replace the "nvszc" inf file in the Display.Driver folder with the attached modded inf.

Thanks for the help n_n

1: Ill have to lookup the .inf files specificly, Im not aware of their names, just that they dont matter when it comes to a Modified INF (EDIT: removed the ones I found with relating dev/subsys info, still didnt work)

2: Tried, my card wasnt there, and every section had that entry set to 1, so I couldnt change anything anyway, I tried adding my card info and no change occured

3: Tried, doesnt work... compatible graphics hardware missing (yes I removed the other .inf's)

Your OEM inf file is nvtm. I see your GPU hardware ID there. What additional features do you want? I can add them for you.

Beyond: I thank you for your attemt at helping, Im just going to wait for the desktop version with modified INF, hopefully mobilenvidia will get it sometime this week.

Desktop drivers download: http://us.download.n...nglish-whql.exe

Option 3 you needed to regard my other post where I said you need international driver. That link you have is english version not international = doesn't work with modded inf. I don't remember very well but I think installer doesn't work if you remove .inf files either, you can only edit them (it was like that long time ago, now idk). It's easy to find the inf with your ID using the windows search box in the top of the folder, the one you use to search files, it will search infs text also. And sorry I forgot to say option 1 is what you need to do so that modded inf will be detected, you still need to use modded inf. And option 2 is done in the oem inf (the one coolguy just refered I suppose) in the corresponding section for your card, modded inf is not used for that.

I hope I have teached enough so that you can work it out for yourself next time :)

Option 3 you needed to regard my other post where I said you need international driver. That link you have is english version not international = doesn't work with modded inf. I don't remember very well but I think installer doesn't work if you remove .inf files either, you can only edit them (it was like that long time ago, now idk). It's easy to find the inf with your ID using the windows search box in the top of the folder, the one you use to search files, it will search infs text also. And sorry I forgot to say option 1 is what you need to do so that modded inf will be detected, you still need to use modded inf. And option 2 is done in the oem inf (the one coolguy just refered I suppose) in the corresponding section for your card, modded inf is not used for that.

I hope I have teached enough so that you can work it out for yourself next time :)

I did use the international version... I edited that post and in haste grabbed the english version instead :(

As for editing the INF, the string can only be found if i remove my subsys, and there are so many inf files I could possibly trash the wrong one :/

@coolguy: nview, and wmi please, your my only hope if LV2G doesnt put out a desktop version :X

I did use the international version... I edited that post and in haste grabbed the english version instead :(

As for editing the INF, the string can only be found if i remove my subsys, and there are so many inf files I could possibly trash the wrong one :/

@coolguy: nview, and wmi please, your my only hope if LV2G doesnt put out a desktop version :X

That's impossible, If your subsys didn't exist the driver would use the modded inf which has the nview option to install, even coolguy said it exists. Anyway just to make sure I'll download the driver again.

Why do you need nview?

Anyway I added that feature, nvwmi (not sure what it does) and enabled monitor rotation page in the Nvidia control panel. Use the attached INF. You must download the mobile driver (original driver from lv2go) and replace the inf.

nvtm.zip

That's impossible, If your subsys didn't exist the driver would use the modded inf which has the nview option to install, even coolguy said it exists. Anyway just to make sure I'll download the driver again.

Actually it's nvac.inf that has your card. If you had removed your card from the list the modded inf wud work and bring you full feature set. Now you know next time you need such thing.

Hi, can i use this Driver with the inf file with Windows 7 x64, too? Or is it just for win8?

Hi, can i use this Driver with the inf file with Windows 7 x64, too? Or is it just for win8?

The laptopvideo2go inf supports Win Vista/7/8 x64... The original release was also for all 3 flavors... You should be able to use this release with Win7 x64 :)

On a side I am not dead and just been busy with life. I have reduced the original NVIDIA and LaptopVideo2Go infs to the code that should be just for my GeForce Go 7900 GS (0298) and the GeForce 8800M GTS (0609). My next stage is now to reduce down to just the code used for Win8 x64 as there is still a staggering amount of difference between the 2 inf files.

and is there a difference if i download the driver from here or from the nvidia Website?

longplaypg thx for the answer

Ok there may be a sticky that covers this, but here is what I discovered on my own.

Driver packages are for the most part the same content as the NVIDIA release. The main differences I have uncovered are the following:

Major INF changes (Laptopvideo2go customizations, additional video card device ids so that more cards covered the first time, puts mobile and desktop in 1 inf/package, and some other differences that I can't explain yet)

All compressed files are different, but a simple expand produces the same files.

NVIDIA driver may not support your device...

LaptopVideo2Go driver supports all devices and adds some additional tweaks...

Usually the best method is download the laptopvideo2go driver package and the associated inf. If you download the NVIDIA driver release my experience has been that you need correct release that matches the posted inf. IE Win8 x64 mobile and not desktop. Otherwise you may need to rename the INF. Bottom line there is usually some extra work to be done if you plan to use the original NVIDIA release with the INF provided in this post.

All right I might have figured out a way for the LaptopVideo2Go inf to use the newer Win8 brightness controls.

Simple method download this inf and replace the NVIDIA and or LaptopVideo2GO version with the file inside this zip.

nvwi-lv2g-longplaypg.zip

Advanced method edit your own LV2G inf... This will break Win Vista and 7...

Search for [Mobile_Tweaks]

In that section you see HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1

Just like the comment above change it to ;HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1

More advanced method edit your own LV2G inf... This should retain Win Vista and 7 support... There are multiple ways to handle this, but here is what I did...

Search for [section103]

in that section you see AddReg = Mobile_Tweaks

Change that to AddReg = Mobile_Tweaks___01

Search for [Mobile_Tweaks]

Copy the whole section (everything up to the next section [strings])

Paste it right before [strings] and change it to [Mobile_Tweaks___01]

Locate HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1 inside the new [Mobile_Tweaks___01] section.

Change it to ;HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1

Please understand this disables the original NVIDIA brightness support for laptop displays! You will now see the new WIN8 version used instead.

The on screen display and consistent brightness changes through function keys.

The desktop brightness under power options is now more consistent.

The metro brightness settings should also be more consistent and not get stuck in a low brightness level.

Reply back with your Win8 feedback...

Enjoy,

Edited by longplaypg

Please someone can help me with this GeForce 310M chipset?

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_55851991&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_55851991

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&CC_0300

I tried to modify the .inf files but I receive always and error :(

Thank you.

SOLVED! Was i had to ability test and unsecured driver installation.

Edited by PaRRoT

I also noticed that the custom INF for the OEM Mobile driver versions lack the NVWMI and other entry's...

Weird...

EDIT: More detailed:

yeah but that stuff is really not used .. you know ..u dont have 3d monitor .. u dont need nvidia update when update is here .. u dont need nview ,. what for ..

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't changed anything, since the last driver. I would look into this issue. Don't use the Sony utilities in Windows 8 RTM, they might not work properly. The same issue occured with Windows 7 RTM, when I was testing the Sony Vista utilities.

Does the brightness control work properly in Windows 7? If yes, then it's is an issue with the Sony utilities in Win 8.

Edit: I just installed the driver in Windows 7, the brightness control works fine with the Sony utitlity.

hi yes i have installed and it works fine on vaio aw 9600m gt and windows 7 64 (just 5 minuttes :D )

i will try in win 8 later

EDIT : still working :D

Edited by Ethos

So, before making this I searched around and read all of the relavent posts, but I need to ask this, out of paranoia.

Is this driver cross compatible with 7 x64?

All right I had some interesting results that disturb me using the driver and inf from the original post....

Win 8 x64 Enterprise

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0298&SUBSYS_019B1028&REV_A1

First install using laptopvideo2go

custom, clean install

Dark display

very limited brightness control

no win8 on screen display indicator for brightness

Second install using laptopvideo2go

custom, clean install

Bright display

full brightness control

Third install using my own inf

custom, clean install

bright display

full brightness control

win8 on screen display indicator for brightness

Fourth install using laptopvideo2go

custom, clean install

bright display

full brightness control

Between driver changes all NVIDIA were uninstalled, the laptop rebooted, driver signing disabled during the boot process

Interesting this is the first time I was able to get the brightness at least acceptable with the laptopvideo2go inf and have it work on more than 1 install. I am not sure why the first installed stayed extremely dark. I have a feeling this dark issue may come back again later on.

Now if I can spot why the my NVIDIA inf displays the on screen display brightness indicator and the laptopvideo2go inf does not.

I wonder if other laptop users are having the brightness control issue or on screen display issue under win8x64 with their laptops?

Hi I have a M1710 with a 7950 GTX running Win 7 x64 with the hardware id:

When I intall newer drlvers I get a dark screen, almost like the backlight is not on. Do you have a modified .inf that will fix the brightness with the 306.23 driver?

Edited by slider123456

So, before making this I searched around and read all of the relavent posts, but I need to ask this, out of paranoia.

Is this driver cross compatible with 7 x64?

All Win8 drivers so far have worked with my Win7 64.

Hi I have a M1710 with a 7950 GTX running Win 7 x64 with the hardware id:

When I intall newer drlvers I get a dark screen, almost like the backlight is not on. Do you have a modified .inf that will fix the brightness with the 306.23 driver?

Ok so you are having the brightness issue under Win7 x64.

As long as you are using the laptopvideo2go video driver package and the laptopvideo2go INF then this information applies to you :)

I admit I haven't checked under my Win7 x64 as of yet, but if you refer to my win 8 post on page 2 of this topic I have revealed a possible solution.

Scroll down to post 39 if it does not go directly there for you.

If you take the easy method it might fix your issue. Yes I realize I say "This will break Win Vista and 7...", but since you are already broken then lets reverse it. Maybe I am wrong and it only breaks vista since I haven't tested this yet.

If you want to go a little more advanced you could modify it for Win8 and Win7 or just Win7. Basically Win8 is [section103] and Win7 is [section102].

For just Win7 search for [section102] and then make all those changes as if it was [section 103].

For both Win8 and Win7 change that "AddReg = Mobile_Tweaks" line in both [section103] and [section102]. Then continue with the steps at [Mobile_Tweaks].

If you are not comfortable doing this just let me know.

Refering to this

Edited by longplaypg

Ok so you are having the brightness issue under Win7 x64.

As long as you are using the laptopvideo2go video driver package and the laptopvideo2go INF then this information applies to you :)

I admit I haven't checked under my Win7 x64 as of yet, but if you refer to my win 8 post on page 2 of this topic I have revealed a possible solution.

http://forums.laptop..._20#entry144210

Scroll down to post 39 if it does not go directly there for you.

If you take the easy method it might fix your issue. Yes I realize I say "This will break Win Vista and 7...", but since you are already broken then lets reverse it. Maybe I am wrong and it only breaks vista since I haven't tested this yet.

If you want to go a little more advanced you could modify it for Win8 and Win7 or just Win7. Basically Win8 is [section103] and Win7 is [section102].

For just Win7 search for [section102] and then make all those changes as if it was [section 103].

For both Win8 and Win7 change that "AddReg = Mobile_Tweaks" line in both [section103] and [section102]. Then continue with the steps at [Mobile_Tweaks].

If you are not comfortable doing this just let me know.

Refering to this

Thanks that worked. I had fixed the brightnes yesterday using your nvdm.inf for 305.67 posted here:

by changing 0298 to 0297 in your nvdm.inf but the nvwi.inf is probably better since it has the added tweaks.

Anyway thanks again. Now I have both the correct brightness level and the sleep functionality back using new drivers for the 1st time in a few years. On the newer drivers I have always had a problem with either sleep not resuming, remaining stuck in a black screen even though it seems to be resuming, or the backlight not properly working, now both are working and no other problems have popped up.

I know people are saying this version works fine with Windows 7 64bits, but is a "real" version for W7 coming out soon or should I go and try this one for once?

There is no "real Win7" versions. The title is somewhat misleading - this is what Nvidia writes:

Version: 306.23 WHQL

Release Date :2012.09.13

Operating System :Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 8 64-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit

Language: English (U.S.) File Size:219 MB

Can Someone create a modded file for me?

Hardware ID's

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E5&SUBSYS_9025104D&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E5&SUBSYS_9025104D

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E5&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E5&CC_0300

Sony Vaio Z vgn-Z13GN