LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v306.23 Windows 8 64bit | NVIDIA OEM Mobile

mobilenvidia

Thanks that worked. I had fixed the brightnes yesterday using your nvdm.inf for 305.67 posted here:

http://forums.laptop...ia/#entry143804

by changing 0298 to 0297 in your nvdm.inf but the nvwi.inf is probably better since it has the added tweaks.

Anyway thanks again. Now I have both the correct brightness level and the sleep functionality back using new drivers for the 1st time in a few years. On the newer drivers I have always had a problem with either sleep not resuming, remaining stuck in a black screen even though it seems to be resuming, or the backlight not properly working, now both are working and no other problems have popped up.

Glad to hear that. I went ahead and modified the LV2G inf so that my brightness fix is applied to both Win8 and Win7 based upon your feedback.

nvwi-lv2g-longplaypg-win8n7.zip

Can Someone create a modded file for me?

Hardware ID's

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E5&SUBSYS_9025104D&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E5&SUBSYS_9025104D

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E5&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06E5&CC_0300

Sony Vaio Z vgn-Z13GN

That video card is already supported by the LV2G release. Go ahead and grab the driver download from the first post. Be sure to grab the modified inf and replace the file inside the driver package.

Also if you are having issues and under Win8 then read this!

If you are a laptop user and having troubles with brightness check out my inf above.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hammerfest

• Beyond

• longplaypg

• coolguy16

Is the Dell M4700 Quadro K2000M supported in this inf? Newish Dell only has official 296.75 driver support from Dell...

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FFB&SUBSYS_053E1028&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FFB&SUBSYS_053E1028

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FFB&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FFB&CC_0300

Cheers,

Speedo68

Is the Dell M4700 Quadro K2000M supported in this inf? Newish Dell only has official 296.75 driver support from Dell...

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FFB&SUBSYS_053E1028&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FFB&SUBSYS_053E1028

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FFB&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0FFB&CC_0300

Cheers,

Speedo68

That video card is already supported by the LV2G release. Go ahead and grab the driver download from the first post. Be sure to grab the modified inf and replace the file inside the driver package.

http://forums.laptop...the-modded-inf/

http://forums.laptop...s-in-windows-8/

If you are a laptop user and having troubles with brightness check out my inf above.

http://forums.laptop...the-modded-inf/

http://forums.laptop...s-in-windows-8/

Tried these files. No-Go. Windows 7 Business 64-bit will boot to just a windows startup. Laptop will reboot and tell me unsuccessful Windows log. Have to restore previous version to get back into windows. damn my luck...

Hello guys,

I have a little request, does anybody can edit inf file for Lenovo IdeaPad Y550, with NVIDIA GeForce GT 240M? This video card has Nvidia Hybrid SLI technology and i did all things posted on this forum but nothing works :< My video card ID:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_38FF17AA&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_38FF17AA

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&CC_0300

Thx in advance, I will be graceful

Tried these files. No-Go. Windows 7 Business 64-bit will boot to just a windows startup. Laptop will reboot and tell me unsuccessful Windows log. Have to restore previous version to get back into windows. damn my luck...

First I have get a nit picky. I am unaware of a "windows 7 business" version. They typically offer Pro, Ultimate, or Enterprise to business users that ask for them. Your profile shows Windows 7 Professional if that is correct I do have access to that version. Secondly I notice your in Poland and I am in in USA, but have now installed on Windows 7 Enterprise x64 on 2 different laptops with different adapters. I did not encounter the same experience so it may be debugging time soon.

I do need to ask did you uninstall every NVidia item from the computer and reboot?

Do not let it install any driver if it asks.

Run the setup as administrator (ie right click and select run as administrator to force it)

I prefer to use the custom (advance) install and click the clear settings option (sorry don't have it open right now for exact wording)

Were any items not installed on this new installation?

First I have get a nit picky. I am unaware of a "windows 7 business" version. They typically offer Pro, Ultimate, or Enterprise to business users that ask for them. Your profile shows Windows 7 Professional if that is correct I do have access to that version. Secondly I notice your in Poland and I am in in USA, but have now installed on Windows 7 Enterprise x64 on 2 different laptops with different adapters. I did not encounter the same experience so it may be debugging time soon.

I do need to ask did you uninstall every NVidia item from the computer and reboot?

Do not let it install any driver if it asks.

Run the setup as administrator (ie right click and select run as administrator to force it)

I prefer to use the custom (advance) install and click the clear settings option (sorry don't have it open right now for exact wording)

Were any items not installed on this new installation?

Yeah, sorry. Based in USA. Win7 64-Bit Pro, but installed from SCCM Server I run from my house. I did not uninstall all Nvidia files, these are the base dells from DELL. Only have 296.75 atm, listed from 7-25-2012, ouch.

Another thing, NVidia drivers alway tell me to go to Dell to get latest. There still might be some PCI Vendor issue in INF file. I only run Precision laptops, only one's I use for work for last 8~10 years. Once I get this M4700 K2000M driver updated and update my M4700 spare laptop. Then need to get my 2 M6700 K5000M laptops updated also.

Will try to uninstall all Nvidia files, would like to get this laptop working with newer driver for some 3d rendering I need to do for a project. Will updated later tonight...

Cheers,

Speedo68

• 4 weeks later...

Ok there may be a sticky that covers this, but here is what I discovered on my own.

Driver packages are for the most part the same content as the NVIDIA release. The main differences I have uncovered are the following:

Major INF changes (Laptopvideo2go customizations, additional video card device ids so that more cards covered the first time, puts mobile and desktop in 1 inf/package, and some other differences that I can't explain yet)

All compressed files are different, but a simple expand produces the same files.

NVIDIA driver may not support your device...

LaptopVideo2Go driver supports all devices and adds some additional tweaks...

Usually the best method is download the laptopvideo2go driver package and the associated inf. If you download the NVIDIA driver release my experience has been that you need correct release that matches the posted inf. IE Win8 x64 mobile and not desktop. Otherwise you may need to rename the INF. Bottom line there is usually some extra work to be done if you plan to use the original NVIDIA release with the INF provided in this post.

All right I might have figured out a way for the LaptopVideo2Go inf to use the newer Win8 brightness controls.

Simple method download this inf and replace the NVIDIA and or LaptopVideo2GO version with the file inside this zip.

nvwi-lv2g-longplaypg.zip

Advanced method edit your own LV2G inf... This will break Win Vista and 7...

Search for [Mobile_Tweaks]

In that section you see HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1

Just like the comment above change it to ;HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1

More advanced method edit your own LV2G inf... This should retain Win Vista and 7 support... There are multiple ways to handle this, but here is what I did...

Search for [section103]

in that section you see AddReg = Mobile_Tweaks

Change that to AddReg = Mobile_Tweaks___01

Search for [Mobile_Tweaks]

Copy the whole section (everything up to the next section [strings])

Paste it right before [strings] and change it to [Mobile_Tweaks___01]

Locate HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1 inside the new [Mobile_Tweaks___01] section.

Change it to ;HKR,, EnableBrightnessControl, %REG_DWORD%, 1

Please understand this disables the original NVIDIA brightness support for laptop displays! You will now see the new WIN8 version used instead.

The on screen display and consistent brightness changes through function keys.

The desktop brightness under power options is now more consistent.

The metro brightness settings should also be more consistent and not get stuck in a low brightness level.

Reply back with your Win8 feedback...

Enjoy,

Friend, please help me. I recently installed Windows 8 and can not get a driver for NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M. My Laptop model is Vaio CW: VPCCW27FX

The Hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A2B&SUBSYS_9072104D&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A2B&SUBSYS_9072104D

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A2B&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A2B&CC_0300

Please help me! I can not update with the official NVIDIA Driver.

• 1 year later...

Please someone can help me with this GeForce 310M chipset?

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_55851991&REV_A2

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_55851991

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&CC_0300

I tried to modify the .inf files but I receive always and error :(

Thank you.

SOLVED! Was i had to ability test and unsecured driver installation.

Ciao ho lo stesso problema dopo aver aggiornato a win 8 il mio all-in-one

Coma sei riuscito ad installare i driver della geforce 310M?

help me