LaptopVideo2Go Forums

No Displayport Audio when Laptop Lid Closed?

Livin

I have a problem where the Displayport will not output audio when the laptop lid is closed... but if I open the lid it outputs the DP audio... and it will still work even if I close the lid again. It seems to turn off DP audio output after it is not in use (but still on) for an hour or two. If I keep the lid open 24x7 DP audio always works. I'd like to keep the lid closed at all times since my main display is a 65" TV.

Setup...

HP Elitebook 8540w with a Quadro 880M

Windows 7 x64, Ultimate - all patches, etc

Dox's Customised Geforce 306.02 - I have tried MANY stock and mod'd versions, no difference

HP laptop -> Startech DP to HDMI adapter -> Onkyo Receiver -> Mits 65" DLP TV

Troubleshooting I've done...

Disabled all audio Playback devices EXCEPT NVidia HDMI -- thinking it would force the OS to output, to the DP, I was wrong :(

Left laptop lid open -- audio always works, but I don't want to do this, I want to tuck the laptop on a shelf since I never need to use it directly

Tried 4 different laptops, same model -- they all do the same thing

Does anyone have any idea how to force/trick the system into always keeping that audio on DP 'enabled" -- or any way to fix this?

thx for the help!!!