LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 8 Driver for VAIO AR with NVIDIA 8600M GT Graphics

alirezanoori

Hello and thank you for this awesome website/forum.

I have a somehow old laptop with the NVIDIA 8600M GT VGA. My hardware ID is:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0407&SUBSYS_9016104D

I tried to mod the driver but so far, no luck :( Previously I could mod the Windows 7 drivers and make it work, but the Windows 8 is refusing any driver I throw at it.

I downloaded and tried the "19701_win7x64.exe" file but it didn't work either.

I tried to look for ANY driver on ANYWHERE but I could really find anything. I am desperate to find a driver which can work on Windows 8. I don't mind old drivers. I don't play games and heavy-duty DirectX stuff (although I would appreciate if that worked too).

The default Windows 8 driver makes the video playback seem jerky and it's really unusable.

I'd appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. One quick question. After I download the .cab file, what should I do with it? Extract it, replace it, ask windows to search fro driver??? I'm new to your forum! Thanks again.

Go to the device manager (browse for the folder with the extracted driver) and update it from there

BTW with my VAIO VGN with 8600M GT I found that brightness controls work with 257.41 but not with 259.47

Thanks. I tested the 257.41 and it worked perfectly. Thanks again. I've been banging my head around for this for quite some time now... ;)