LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 8 on Dell Latitude D630: Sigmatel/IDT sound drivers not working with docking station

Snerbeyond

I have a Dell Latitude D630 and Windows 8. The generic Windows sound driver made the sound for the laptop run, but not with the docking station. I installed the Sigmatel drivers for Windows Vista 32bit. They also worked for me on Windows 7. First, they didn't wanna install, but then I made a BIOS update from Revision A03 to A18 and it solved the problem. Now again I have sound for the laptop, but when connected to the docking station the following happens:

When I set the normal speakers as output: Sound starts to play through the speakers connected to the docking station, but aborts quickly (for example the Windows sound when changing the volume).

When I set the SPDIF out as output: No sound at all!

The Sigmatel website obviously doesn't provide drivers since it's not existant anymore. The audio business was sold to IDT, but the IDT Website sucks: Detailed descriptions of all sound cards, but no drivers at all!

There was an IDT modded drivers section before, but unfortunately the project is dead. I can't even find the uploaded files anymore. Anyway, one doesn't know if it works for Win 8 at all.

Audio device:

STAC9205

Device-ID:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_76A0&SUBSYS_102801F9&REV_1002\4&C38AAC3&0&0001

I tried the following drivers from the Dell website already which according to Windows 8 work, but give me the described sound problem:

- 2Y0VM

- R153997

- R171788

- R171789

- R218148

Any ideas how I can get this to work? Any other IDT drivers available?

• 1 year later...

IDT has never provided "generic" audio drivers on their web site to "end-users" and clearly states that you have to contact the computer manufacturer or visit the manufacturer's support site (in this case Dell) for updated IDT audio drivers.

The latest modded driver package I know of is packaged in the st-idt-6381.0.exe file, which has modded IDT Audio drivers v6.10.6381.0 (do a google search on this one).  Because the INF and INI files are modded you must click OK or Yes to install the driver software anyway when Windows can't verify the publisher of the driver software in order for driver installation to succeed.

AND you have to use DOS-like commands such as "bcdedit ddisable_integrity_checks" & "bcdedit testsigning on" as well as running the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider program to allow using test signed drivers on Windows.

also, IDT/Sigmatel audio products have been sold to Tempo Semiconductor Inc. near the end of 2013.