LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA Geforce driver 310.90 WHQL

StefanG3D

This GeForce driver is recommended for the best experience in the blockbuster holiday games. GeForce R310 drivers add optimizations for Far Cry 3, providing up to 38% faster performance.

These drivers also include optimizations for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed III, providing up to 26% faster performance in Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and up to 18% faster performance in Assassin’s Creed III, as well as smooth, shimmer-free graphics with TXAA antialiasing in both games.

New in GeForce 310.90:

Adds a security update for the NVIDIA Display Driver service (nvvsvc.exe).

Improves performance for GeForce GTX 690:

Up to 19% faster performance in Autodesk 3ds Max when interacting with large models compared to GeForce GTX 480.

Up to 60% faster performance in ray tracing applications such as NVIDIA iray and Chaos V-Ray (subject to the scene fitting into graphics memory) compared to GeForce GTX 480.

Up to 76% faster performance in the 3D extruded ray tracing capability in Adobe After Effects compared to GeForce GTX 480.

Updates SLI profiles for Far Cry 3 and NBA2k13.

Adds new 3D Vision profiles for the following games:

Aliens: Colonial Marines – rated Fair

GT Legends – rated 3D Vision Ready

LEGO: Lord of the Rings – rated Good

Miasmata – rated Good

Pirate101 – rated 3D Vision Ready

Viking: Battle for Asgard – rated Excellent

Warframe – rated Good

Wizard101 – rated 3D Vision Ready

This 310 driver is from a different driver family.

Driver 310.54 is r310_44-2
Driver 310.61 is r310_44-8
Driver 310.64 is r310_44-9
Driver 310.70 is r310_44-13 

Driver 310.90 is r310_00-222        

Really wish it'd be better than 310.70. Let's see.

So not knowing alot about graphiccards i tried downloading the driver and the modded inf. file replacing it (as usual). However i get a failed installation?

I have done everything by the book as far as i can remember. Can anyone confirm or deconfirm this? I'm running on a GT 330m on win 8 64bit.

I need this driver badly as the Metro menu is bugging ising 306.97 (which i was running prior to OS upgrade). I have narrowed it down to the graphics driver, so im in dire need os the 310.90 release.

EDIT:

Having been looking around i found a solution that might help other Win 8 users.

It seems like Win 8 has a build in blocker for unsigned drivers, which needs to be disabled!

The following guide will allow you to install the driver anyway.

1. From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
  2. Click ‘More PC Settings’.
  3. Click ‘General’.
  4. Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
  5. Wait a bit.
  6. Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
  7. Click ‘Advanced Options’
  8. Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
  9. Click Restart.
  10. ???
  11. Profit!

When your computer restarts, select ‘Disable driver signature enforcement‘ from the list. You can now load your modified driver. Reboot again once the driver is installed and all will be well.

Edited by krisdf